Another transition to LDS Account issue?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Another transition to LDS Account issue?

Post by jdlessley »

I had a member approach me after sacrament today to tell me that after he had signed up for LDS Account that his name appeared twice in the LUWS membership directory. So when I got home I checked the directory and sure enough his name now appears in two places in the LUWS ward membership directory. In the first listing he is shown with his wife and with an e-mail address. The second he is shown by himself without an e-mail address. Home address and telephone number are the same for both listings.

Is there anything I can do about this other than reporting it through the LUWS feedback?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

It seems to be an isolated incident. I checked in my membership directory for duplicates of people who I know have switched... and I didn't find any.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd double-check MLS and make sure he's not in there twice. Since most of the listing comes from MLS and not the registration, it would seem unlikely that it's a result of the change over.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:I'd double-check MLS and make sure he's not in there twice. Since most of the listing comes from MLS and not the registration, it would seem unlikely that it's a result of the change over.
I checked MLS immediately but found nothing unusual.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:I checked MLS immediately but found nothing unusual.
While you can use feedback, I'd be inclined to call clerk support. You'll get a better response as to what's going on. AFAIK, the only thing that comes from the login is the preferred first/middle name, so it seems a bit of a stretch that it's somehow related to LDS Account, but then computers have been known to do odd things.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”