Did they just force the switch to LDS Account?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
nutterb

Did they just force the switch to LDS Account?

Post by nutterb »

I went to log on to my LUWS today and the login screen was different. It not longer gave me the choice of logging in with the old account or the LDS Account. Did the Church just force the switch? Or am I just missing something?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nutterb wrote:I went to log on to my LUWS today and the login screen was different. It not longer gave me the choice of logging in with the old account or the LDS Account. Did the Church just force the switch? Or am I just missing something?

They aren't exactly forcing you yet. You can use the new login screen with either your old LUWS credentials (if you don't have an LDS Account), or your new LDS Account credentials. If you login with your old LUWS credentials, you will be encouraged to register for LDS Account. You can delay signing up for an LDS Account for 90 days, at which point you will be forced to switch. But if you do have an LDS Account, you must use it to login to LUWS now.
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

Alan_Brown wrote:You can delay signing up for an LDS Account for 90 days, at which point you will be forced to switch. But if you do have an LDS Account, you must use it to login to LUWS now.
As of today, there are 87 days remaining to switch the accounts. The 90-day grace period began for all accounts three days ago. You do not need to access LUWS in order to start the 90-day count-down clock.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

Thanks guys. I hadn't read the 90 day notice anywhere and was afraid that I was going to have to dd a sudden push to get everyone over to LDS Account. It's nice to know that I don't have to be super aggressive yet.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”