Would like login prompt to Tech website/forum on error page

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
dmaynes

Would like login prompt to Tech website/forum on error page

Post by dmaynes »

I received the March LDS Tech Newsletter with a link to the updated LDS Tech Code of Conduct http://tech.lds.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&%2338;id=40&%2338;Itemid=61. When I clicked the link, I was shown a page that said I was not logged in.
You are not authorised to view this resource.
You need to login.
But, there was no login prompt. I browsed around the website and the only place I found a login prompt (I did not do an exhaustive search) was on the main forum screen. I have browsed the forum pages before and been given a login prompt when I attempted to reply to a post.

It would be nice to have a login prompt when this error message is displayed. After logging in and then clicking the link from the e-mail, a new window opened in my browser and I was still shown the error message. I suppose the forum connection is specific to the browser window that I have opened.

Oh, the word "authorised" is a British spelling. The American spelling is "authorized."

Thanks,
Dennis
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

I'm getting the error message as well, and I am logged into the forum. However, this document is not being hosted by the forum software. It's actually hosted along with the other content on the main home page of LDS Tech.

I think it's just an oversight. I'll try to contact Tom Welch to see if he's able to correct the issue.

Thanks for reporting this!
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

mkmurray wrote:I'm getting the error message as well, and I am logged into the forum. However, this document is not being hosted by the forum software. It's actually hosted along with the other content on the main home page of LDS Tech.

I think it's just an oversight. I'll try to contact Tom Welch to see if he's able to correct the issue.

Thanks for reporting this!

It's a simple correction of the link itself. Note the two links following.
The first is the correct one.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Yes, the link in the newsletter is just wrong. The actual link to the Code of Conduct is working.

Return to “Help with this forum”