Stake and Ward Web Sites

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
RetamalesDA

Stake and Ward Web Sites

Post by RetamalesDA »

Can stakes outside of the United States and Canada participate? (CHILE AREA)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RetamalesDA wrote:Can stakes outside of the United States and Canada participate? (CHILE AREA)

See Stake and Ward Web Sites para Chile for some information on this question.
jmessinger

Post by jmessinger »

Alan_Brown wrote:See Stake and Ward Web Sites para Chile for some information on this question.
I've just been recently called as the stake clerk, and my stake president has asked me to look into this. Our stake is located in Australia, and so far as I have been able to find, LUWS seem to be restricted to the USA and Canada. After looking at the link posted by Alan, it seems that parts of South America are also participating. So to my question: is this available now to other parts of the world? My stake president has expressed interest in a stake website under this program.

If someone can point me to a further source of information about this, or maybe even suggest who (department) to contact at either CHQ or the Area office (which for us is now located in another country), I would be most appreciative.

John

More:
Since posting this, I read a bit further and found some additional posts that seem to cover this in more detail - specifically a post from someone here in Oz. Will follow up with them direct!

BTW - these forums are a great resource - keep it up!
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

I live in Brazil. For years I try to setup an LUWS for our stake. It's impossible!!! If you search "Brazil" at LUWS website, you can see two stakes. I belive these stakes are setup for test only, but one stake has "real" informations and photo at the start page.
I belive like Brazil that Australia and Chile will only receive LUWS accounts when LUWS 2.0 will be created.

Sorry for this English.
charly3358-p40

Post by charly3358-p40 »

"It might be important to note that DJC said "within the year." That makes me think he might have meant the year 2008 and not within a year of his comment."

Has the "year" gone by yet? So is the system worldwide now in 2009? just wondering since given the posts here and over in http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1384, it seems that many more people are asking why this is still US/Canada vs Rest of World thing.
(sorry but I can't get rid of that bold text :confused: :eek: )

Charlie :confused:
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

charly3358 wrote:"It might be important to note that DJC said "within the year." That makes me think he might have meant the year 2008 and not within a year of his comment."

Has the "year" gone by yet? So is the system worldwide now in 2009? just wondering since given the posts here and over in http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1384, it seems that many more people are asking why this is still US/Canada vs Rest of World thing.
Things have changed since DJC's comment. The Church is not as far along with internationalization and other LUWS 2.0 features as you and I were hoping. Make no mistake, the upgrade will come eventually, though.
jmessinger

Post by jmessinger »

charly3358 wrote:"It might be important to note that DJC said "within the year." That makes me think he might have meant the year 2008 and not within a year of his comment."

mkmurray wrote:Things have changed since DJC's comment. The Church is not as far along with internationalization and other LUWS 2.0 features as you and I were hoping. Make no mistake, the upgrade will come eventually, though.
You know, I think things might be a bit further along than suspected. Just last night at stake presidency meeting I located a copy of a memo we received from our Area office in August 2008, advising that LUWS was now available for all Australian stakes, and inviting stake presidents to 'sign up' their stakes if they wished.

So I wonder how many other non US/Canada Areas have this available to them now. Granted Australia is an English speaking location and that the internationalisation issues were probably not as challenging as for non English areas (our privacy laws were probably the biggest hurdle). The Pacific Area does contain non English locations, such as the Pacific island nations, and I don't know if this is available to them as yet.

charly3358, I noticed you are located in Sydney. You can contact MSR in Sydney and they should be able to give you more information about this for Australia. Otherwise, you can PM me and I will be happy to send you a PDF copy of the memo that came from the Area office last August.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”