n00b question: access statistics

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
danlangford-p40

n00b question: access statistics

Post by danlangford-p40 »

I am very new to this LDS Tech website and was recently made the ward website administrator. The new Bishop is really excited about the possibilities about the ward website. We want to be able to track it's success. Is there any way to generate reports as to the amount of activity in a day, week or month? even if its simply logons? I'm used to Google Analytics, that would be fun to use, however all i would really like to know is that we are increasing its usage on a regular basis? thank you if not is there any plans for that in the future? a more formal place i could submit this as a suggestion?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

danlangford wrote:I am very new to this LDS Tech website and was recently made the ward website administrator. The new Bishop is really excited about the possibilities about the ward website. We want to be able to track it's success. Is there any way to generate reports as to the amount of activity in a day, week or month? even if its simply logons? I'm used to Google Analytics, that would be fun to use, however all i would really like to know is that we are increasing its usage on a regular basis? thank you if not is there any plans for that in the future? a more formal place i could submit this as a suggestion?
I know of no means whereby you can track the number of visits.
The only measurement I know of success is by monitoring the number of user accounts that you have and comparing it to the active membership of your ward. Of course this only gives you an idea of how many have signed up and not whether or not they are returning to visit the site.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

danlangford wrote:I am very new to this LDS Tech website and was recently made the ward website administrator. The new Bishop is really excited about the possibilities about the ward website. We want to be able to track it's success. Is there any way to generate reports as to the amount of activity in a day, week or month? even if its simply logons? I'm used to Google Analytics, that would be fun to use, however all i would really like to know is that we are increasing its usage on a regular basis? thank you if not is there any plans for that in the future? a more formal place i could submit this as a suggestion?

Like Techgy said, not any way to currently do that right now. However, I think that's a FANTASTIC idea! I think they have a wiki page to submit ideas like this too, but I'm not entirely sure how that works (perhaps someone who knows will catch this thread and explain it)!
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

AileneRHerrick wrote:Like Techgy said, not any way to currently do that right now. However, I think that's a FANTASTIC idea! I think they have a wiki page to submit ideas like this too, but I'm not entirely sure how that works (perhaps someone who knows will catch this thread and explain it)!
Everything you need to know about signing up an account for the LDS Tech Wiki is found on the front Main Page under a section called "Participation":

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

The actual bug and suggestion list wiki page for LUWS can be found here: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/LUW ... uggestions

If you just follow the syntax of previous entries, you'll like get the idea fast. You pretty much just link to a forum thread and briefly summarize the suggestion/bug.
danlangford-p40

Post by danlangford-p40 »

thank you for the link to the wiki. i added my suggestion!
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

There is not an automated system for tracking usage statistics. However, you could do some simple sampling to get an idea of usage. You could conduct a survey as follows:

1. Send out a general e-mail broadcast (do this perhaps every other month)
2. E-mail contains the survey and asks for responses.
3. Please reply to this e-mail if you receive it. Then ask for short answers to 5 or 6 questions.
-- How often do you access the ward website? Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Rarely
-- What information is most useful to you? Directory, News/Information, Calendar, Missionary, Resources, Other
-- How useful do you find the website? I use it a lot, it's interesting, i don't learn much, it hasn't helped me
-- Ask other questions

I track the number of registered users and the number of bouncebacks. I also conduct informal surveys.

I have found that a weekly e-mail to the ward to be somewhat effective in disseminating information from the website. We have three missionaries out and I try to keep the missionary news updated on a weekly basis. This is a great point of interest to members in our ward.

Thanks,
Dennis
charlene1320

Post by charlene1320 »

Has this info been updated since the original 2009 reply?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

charlene1320 wrote:Has this info been updated since the original 2009 reply?
There is still nothing like Google Analytics or any other source of usage data available to local units, if that's what you're asking.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”