Administrator Passwords Wards

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
farwest

Administrator Passwords Wards

Post by farwest »

Our stake president setup our stake administrator password 2 years ago and forgot he had and call in and got everything working ok. The issue now is the bishop's are wanting to setup administrator passwords for their local ward. What is the procedure because I never saw the instructions that came out on how to do this and the bishop's don't seem to remember any instructions. We are going to have bishop's training next week and we are trying to get everyone online and the ward sites up and running. Thanks
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

farwest wrote:Our stake president setup our stake administrator password 2 years ago and forgot he had and call in and got everything working ok. The issue now is the bishop's are wanting to setup administrator passwords for their local ward. What is the procedure because I never saw the instructions that came out on how to do this and the bishop's don't seem to remember any instructions. We are going to have bishop's training next week and we are trying to get everyone online and the ward sites up and running. Thanks
I'm assuming that you are referring to the LUWS (local unit web site) since that's the forum you're in. The Stake Administrator has the priviledges to set up ward-level administrators. Once the Stake Administrator logs into his account then click on "Help". You'll find a list of extensive helps in there including one titled "Stake and Ward Web Sites" which will give you some additional guidance.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:I'm assuming that you are referring to the LUWS (local unit web site) since that's the forum you're in. The Stake Administrator has the priviledges to set up ward-level administrators. Once the Stake Administrator logs into his account then click on "Help". You'll find a list of extensive helps in there including one titled "Stake and Ward Web Sites" which will give you some additional guidance.
To clarify, the Stake Administrator not only needs to login to his account, but he also needs to go into the Administrator Options (the green screens) before clicking the Help link, in order to see the help pages for LUWS administration.
farwest wrote:Our stake president setup our stake administrator password 2 years ago and forgot he had and call in and got everything working ok. The issue now is the bishop's are wanting to setup administrator passwords for their local ward. What is the procedure because I never saw the instructions that came out on how to do this and the bishop's don't seem to remember any instructions. We are going to have bishop's training next week and we are trying to get everyone online and the ward sites up and running. Thanks
However, I find the Help system to be rather lacking. It says nothing about how to set up a ward administrator. It only tells how a stake administrator can set up assistant stake administrators, or how a ward administrator can set up assistant ward administrators.

There is a key point which may not be obvious. For a stake administrator to set up a ward administrator, he must first go to that ward's home page, and then click on that ward's Administrator Options button in order to access the administration pages (green pages) for that ward. Then the stake administrator can use the Add or Change Administrators link to add the ward administrator. Once that is done, the ward administrator has full administrative privileges for the ward and can add whatever assistant administrators he chooses.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As mentioned, the stake admin sets up the first ward administrator. Then ward admin can then set up more admins for that ward.

There is no policy requiring or even suggesting Stake Presidents/Bishops to be admins. If that's the way the Stake wants to run things, that's fine. There are certainly advantages for someone on the Presidency/Bishopric to be an admin as member-submitted requests will need to be approved. The downside is the additional workload that could be handed off to a responsible individual with good judgment who will communicate any issues that come up.

The only request is that there be at least two admins for each unit to cover for vacations, changes, etc.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
farwest

passwords

Post by farwest »

Thanks for the info. I recommend this site all the time for those wanting answers.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”