Main Temple icon missing in Family Tree app

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
mburbidg

Main Temple icon missing in Family Tree app

Post by mburbidg »

When I sign into the Family Tree app there are five icons along the bottom (Tree, Tasks, Temple, Recents and More) I am working with a recent convert to take names to the Temple to do baptisms. He was was baptized in October and is a priest. When he signs into the Family Tree app there are only 4 icons along the bottom. The Temple icon is missing.

I have watched him sign in and he is signing in with his church account. On the sign on screen he chooses "continue with Church Account"

Why does he not have access to the Temple icon and thus Ordinances Ready? How can we fix this?

We are both using version 4.8.8 of the Family Tree app on iPhones.

Thanks Michael-
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Main Temple icon missing in Family Tree app

Post by russellhltn »

Does he have his MRN assigned to his church account? Without that, the system will consider him a non-member.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mburbidg

Post by mburbidg »

I don't know? What is an MRN, and where would a look to see that?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mburbidg wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:13 pm I don't know? What is an MRN, and where would a look to see that?
Membership Record Number. It's what all the computers systems used to tie a member to their membership and/or calling.

Have him go to account.churchofjesuschrist.org. I believe it's at the bottom of the main page.

The MRN can be found on a temple recommend. Otherwise they're going to need to ask their clerk or other leader for it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mburbidg

Post by mburbidg »

I found it.

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”