Access to add EQ Lessons to the Library app

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
jeremylynnwheeler

Access to add EQ Lessons to the Library app

Post by jeremylynnwheeler »

Hello, I am the Elders Quorum President in our ward. We have chosen to let the instructors choose the lessons that they want to instruct on each week based off of the latest general conference talks. I was hoping that they as instructors could add their topics to the Elders Quorum Lesson portion of the app but it seems that they can't. Is that something that they don't have permissions for as instructors?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Access to add EQ Lessons to the Library app

Post by jdlessley »

jeremylynnwheeler wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:05 pm I was hoping that they as instructors could add their topics to the Elders Quorum Lesson portion of the app but it seems that they can't. Is that something that they don't have permissions for as instructors?
Not currently. Things like this can be submitted for consideration using the in-app Send Feedback feature found in the Help menu.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

General Handbook 8.2.1.2
Quorum meetings focus on topics in one or more talks from the most recent general conference. The elders quorum presidency prayerfully selects messages to discuss based on members’ needs.
I'm not seeing anything in there indicating the responsibility can be delegated to instructors. You can submit the request for a change, but I doubt if it would receive much consideration.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

If you continue to delegate that task, just have them notify the secretary and he can update the schedule for them.
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

I'm being told that this isn't working at all at the moment. Is anyone else having this problem?
i.e. elders quorum and relief society presidents can't publish the choice of talks.

Paul
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

BTW - handbook 8.2.1.2 says "The elders quorum presidency prayerfully selects messages to discuss based on members’ needs."
Nothing about delegating to the quorum instructor,

Paul
TredreaAB

Post by TredreaAB »

peparsons wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:59 pm I'm being told that this isn't working at all at the moment. Is anyone else having this problem?
i.e. elders quorum and relief society presidents can't publish the choice of talks.

Paul
Hi Paul - Yeah, I've been having the same problem for the past several weeks. :( (IOS, Australia)

Return to “Gospel Library”