Video conferencing

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
sparticus1701-p40

Video conferencing

Post by sparticus1701-p40 »

Now that my stake presidency has ordered the meetinghouse communicator, they're hoppin' happy about all sorts of things like video conferencing for youth council meetings, etc.

They know the communicator is a one-way stream, and I told them it will require more hardware in each building. I'm wondering what solutions others have used (hardware/software). My first thought would be to get some webcams with microphones and use Skype.

Some of our buildings have the PIX 501 and others the AFA 5505 router, and any video conferencing solution will have to go through those, and they're pretty locked down by SLC.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sparticus1701 wrote:Now that my stake presidency has ordered the meetinghouse communicator, they're hoppin' happy about all sorts of things like video conferencing for youth council meetings, etc.

They know the communicator is a one-way stream, and I told them it will require more hardware in each building. I'm wondering what solutions others have used (hardware/software). My first thought would be to get some webcams with microphones and use Skype.

Some of our buildings have the PIX 501 and others the AFA 5505 router, and any video conferencing solution will have to go through those, and they're pretty locked down by SLC.
Have you checked out the Video Conferencing page on clerk.lds.org? It lists several high end options (conferencing hardware in the $1200-$4000 range) but also mentions low cost options.

Return to “General Discussions”