Access Denied: FAQ The Temple Garment

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mjbatschi

Access Denied: FAQ The Temple Garment

Post by mjbatschi »

I am in the MTC preparing for a Senior Mission. During training we went to the Sacred Clothing FAQ Section. We all have “Access Denied” in our mobile devices. iOS and Android. The instructor was able to access via their computer.
BrianEdwards

Re: Access Denied: FAQ The Temple Garment

Post by BrianEdwards »

mjbatschi wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:00 pm I am in the MTC preparing for a Senior Mission. During training we went to the Sacred Clothing FAQ Section. We all have “Access Denied” in our mobile devices. iOS and Android. The instructor was able to access via their computer.
I cannot replicate what your instructor found, even in a private browsing session. I can get to the "public" Sacred Temple Clothing webpage, but then clicking the FAQ link at the bottom sends me to the login screen (which seemed odd, but whatever). After successfully logging into my church account, I likewise get the "Access Denied" error. I searched a bit on the website, but couldn't seem to find an alternative link to that FAQ webpage.

I'd suggest submitting Feedback, which can be accessed inside the Church apps, as well as at the bottom of most Church webpages.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What I find interesting is the link is to "preview.churchofjesuschrist.org". Replacing it with the normal "www" results in "Page not found".

I suspect the page is not ready for prime time. I'd let the instructors know this. This may be a case of the classic "I can see this, you should be able to as well".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I think only Church employees and other "workforce" accounts (service missionaries, some Seminary and Institute staff, etc.) are able to access pages under Preview.ChurchofJesusChrist.org. I'm guessing it was just an oversight, and someone forgot to push the button to move it from Preview to Public. I'd recommend sending feedback through both channels – through the instructor as russellhltn suggests, and through the Feedback link at the bottom of the page, as BrianEdwards suggests.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Main Church Website”