Convert Baptism Checklist

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
EQ101-p40

Convert Baptism Checklist

Post by EQ101-p40 »

I am trying to find the official Convert Baptism Checklist. The handbook makes mention of this form in several places, but I can not find the actual form anywhere. Thanks!!
fergie34-p40

Post by fergie34-p40 »

The Stake Mission Handbook (PBMI4438) available at no cost from Church distribution centers.

Included in the Handbook are two appendices. Appendix A is a chart listing procedures for appointing members to specific offices. Appendix B is a convert baptism checklist for ward mission leaders and elders quorum presidents.

From New Guides for General and Stake Missionaries," Ensign, July 1982, 74–75

I have checked the church distribution website but was unable to find the item. It may be available only to stake leadership. I would check with the stake clerk and or the stake president.
Robert Ferguson
South Shore Ward, Plainview New York Stake
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

EQ101 wrote:I am trying to find the official Convert Baptism Checklist. The handbook makes mention of this form in several places, but I can not find the actual form anywhere. Thanks!!
When you say "the handbook" you must be referring to the 1998 version of Book 2 (which is old, but still the current version). The Convert Baptism Checklist referred to there has been superseded by the New Member Report. This is available in MLS (under Reports/Forms).
EQ101-p40

Thanks!!

Post by EQ101-p40 »

Thanks for your help... I will take a look on MLS!!
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

fergie34 wrote:The Stake Mission Handbook (PBMI4438) available at no cost from Church distribution centers.

Included in the Handbook are two appendices. Appendix A is a chart listing procedures for appointing members to specific offices. Appendix B is a convert baptism checklist for ward mission leaders and elders quorum presidents.

From New Guides for General and Stake Missionaries," Ensign, July 1982, 74–75

I have checked the church distribution website but was unable to find the item. It may be available only to stake leadership. I would check with the stake clerk and or the stake president.

Uau! This handbook (Stake Mission Handbook) aren't published for some years now. And these Church Product Code (I believe that's the name of Church publications bar code) PBMI4438 aren't in use since 1980's. Now the Church uses the best know five digit product code with three digit language code, like "12345 000" or "12345 059" for Portuguese.
BrainClay

Where to find the Convert Baptism Checklist

Post by BrainClay »

EQ101 wrote:I am trying to find the official Convert Baptism Checklist. The handbook makes mention of this form in several places, but I can not find the actual form anywhere. Thanks!!

This Report is in MLS. There are actually two flavors of it, one for the Bishop (which shows if they've paid tithing), and one for general use. Your clerk can help you find and print this. What's great about using this form is that if someone moved into your ward, and was a recent convert (but you didn't know that), they would still show up on this report.

Note that it's both a form and a report - portions are automatically filled in, while leaving some columns blank for handwritten notes.
chrway-p40

Post by chrway-p40 »

bcpalmer60 wrote:This Report is in MLS. There are actually two flavors of it, one for the Bishop (which shows if they've paid tithing), and one for general use. Your clerk can help you find and print this. What's great about using this form is that if someone moved into your ward, and was a recent convert (but you didn't know that), they would still show up on this report.

Note that it's both a form and a report - portions are automatically filled in, while leaving some columns blank for handwritten notes.
I am the clerk(new and still learning). I have been asked for this report by the bishop and ward mission leader. Could you guide me exactly how to find it in MLS? Thanks.
clbeazer

Post by clbeazer »

Look in Reports/Forms under "New Member Report"

Return to “Reports and Forms”