Requirements to create Church Account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mgdyck

Requirements to create Church Account

Post by mgdyck »

Does creating a church account require that the user have email and/or text ability? I am in Micronesia and not everyone has either of those, but I want them to be able to create an account so that they can use Member Tools or a web login.

Thanks,
Elder Dyck
Micronesia Guam Mission
Cmanrogers

Re: Requirements to create Church Account

Post by Cmanrogers »

Yes it does require either an email or a phone number. But if you have access to Members Tools or the Church website, you can easily make an email account.
Christian Rogers
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think most Android phones pretty much require you to create an email account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mgdyck

Post by mgdyck »

Thanks for your replies.

We are in Micronesia on the island of Yap. We are trying to register our youth for an FSY conference in Guam, but the online system for registration requires a Church Account. Many of the people/youth here do not have any email account or a smartphone, so therefore they are unable to create a church account.

Take care,
Elder Michael Dyck
Member and Leader Support
Micronesia Guam Mission
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

mgdyck wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:00 pm Thanks for your replies.

We are in Micronesia on the island of Yap. We are trying to register our youth for an FSY conference in Guam, but the online system for registration requires a Church Account. Many of the people/youth here do not have any email account or a smartphone, so therefore they are unable to create a church account.
I would suggest directly contacting the FSY Registration department, as there are likely many youth in that situation throughout the world. If you open the FSY Help FAQ , near the bottom under the "Contact Information" section, the is an email listed for questions about registration. Hopefully that can put you into communication with somebody who can walk you through the steps to get your youth registered.

Another thought would be to see if you can contact the session directors listed on the Guam Micronesia FSY Homepage, No contact info is listed, but since their names are listed, I would hope local leadership should be able to track down how to communicate with them.

Return to “Church Account”