blessing certificate: "Sorry, the requested file does not exist."

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
davea0511

blessing certificate: "Sorry, the requested file does not exist."

Post by davea0511 »

I created a new member for a baby that was blessed a couple months ago (filled out and uploaded the form), and went to print the blessing certificate and got this message:
"Sorry, the requested file does not exist."

I thought maybe someone had to push a button somewhere, maybe look over the form to make sure it was okay, so I tried a few days later. Same problem.

The family is moving this week and they want that certificate before they go. Can you please inform me how to get that printed?
blessingWontPrint.jpg
blessingWontPrint2.jpg
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: blessing certificate: "Sorry, the requested file does not exist."

Post by jdlessley »

This is a known issue. GSD support said they have been getting reports of leaders not being able to print certificates from the membership record. An alternate method can be used to print the certificate by going to LCR > Reports > Print Certificates (at the bottom of the Forms column); enter the member name for the child, blessing date, who did the blessing, and then click the View Certificate button. Make sure the consent form has been uploaded before attempting the alternate method.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davea0511

Post by davea0511 »

that worked perfectly. Thanks!
Cbruce97

Post by Cbruce97 »

Do we know if GSC is working on resolving the issue? The print certificate report is cumbersome to use. You have to re-enter information that was put in during the record creation plus more info. It specifically asks for the birthdate of the person who performed the blessing, which we do not have.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The Global Service Department (GSD) stated they were aware of the issue. The ticket has been created, which is all the GSD does. There is no information as to the plan or timeline for action by the ICS department. That information is seldom released.

If you are being asked for the birth date for who did the blessing then their record is not in your unit. Either the MRN or the name and birth date is necessary to link to their membership record.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
e.baci

Child blessing certificate

Post by e.baci »

I am attempting to print a child blessing certificate, the child's profile has been created, the consent form has been uploaded and when I attempt to print the certificate i get the following error message.
"Sorry, the requested file does not exist.
Use the navigation on this page to go to another section of the site.
Use your browser’s back button to go back to the page you came from."

The child's record shows up with the families records and I can view the consent form I uploaded but I cannot print the blessing certificate. Any suggestions?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Child blessing certificate

Post by jdlessley »

e.baci wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:23 pm The child's record shows up with the families records and I can view the consent form I uploaded but I cannot print the blessing certificate. Any suggestions?
Your post was merged with a topic thread discussing the same issue.
See post #2 in this thread for a another method to print the certificate.
JD Lessley

Return to “Reports and Forms”