Can't add "out of unit member" to Ward Council circle

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
jeff.camomile

Can't add "out of unit member" to Ward Council circle

Post by jeff.camomile »

Hello,

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

I am the ward clerk, and we are just getting started using Circles. But I've encountered a problem.

In the Ward Council circle, we want to add a husband/wife couple serving in our ward as service missionaries - in other words they have "out of unit positions (callings)" if that makes sense - meaning they are in our ward for their service calling, but their "home" ward is another ward. I hope that makes sense.

They do not automatically show up on the Ward Council circle, so I want to add them to the Ward Council circle, since they attend Ward Council every time and play an important role in that.

So, attempting to add them by position does not work - their position shows up in "Add Calling->Other Callings->Additional Callings->Welfare and Serf-Reliance Specialst" and their names are listed there. However, when I select the button to add them it appears to work by showing the popup "Successfully Added! It may take a few minutes to update the circle."

However, they never do show up in the Circle. They have logged in/out on the app multiple times, and they never show in the Ward Council circle.

It seems the ability to add persons by position doesn't work (someone reported this in another forum, so it's not just my experience here.)

Attempting to add them by person does not work, since they do not show up in the Person list - I guess that list does not display "out of unit" persons - so I can't add them that way. This is strange since they have been added to the Gospel Doctrine circle, and the Adults circle, and the Relief Society circle.

But the Ward Council circle gives no way to add them, since the add by position feature appears to not work and they don't show up in the Person list.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

If we can't get this to work, we probably will have to stop using Circles, since it's critical that the Ward Council messaging include our service missionaries.

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't add "out of unit member" to Ward Council circle

Post by russellhltn »

I think you've tried what you can do. I'd suggest calling GSD, but they might direct you to use the in-app feedback.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeff.camomile

Post by jeff.camomile »

Thanks. I reported it as feedback in the Circles App.
Last edited by jeff.camomile on Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rnlwaltman1

Post by rnlwaltman1 »

Who receives the in app feedbacks?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rnlwaltman1 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:27 pm Who receives the in app feedbacks?
The developers and their managers. The managers review the feedback and prioritize approved suggestions for the developers to incorporate.

Return to “Gospel Living App”