Issue Receiving Push Notifications

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
halllynn05

Issue Receiving Push Notifications

Post by halllynn05 »

After I schedule any push notifications (daily scripture, daily quote, class lesson, study plan, etc), the notifications only show up after I open the app. This means that all notifications get held back during the day until I proactively open the app. How can I get gospel library notifications to show up according the schedule, even when I don't have the app actively open?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Issue Receiving Push Notifications

Post by sbradshaw »

Do you have any settings turned on that prevent Gospel Library from running in the background?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
annicawinters

Re: Issue Receiving Push Notifications

Post by annicawinters »

I'm having the same problem. Samsung Galaxy 10.
Daily scripture notifications pops up each day, regardless if the app is open in the background or closed.
I only get push notifications for Goal reminders if the app is open on the background. If the app is closed, then I don't get Goal notifications. I want to use Goal feature but find it difficult to use it without reliable push notifications to remind me to check in on my goals & progress. I've checked all settings in the app & phone - all notifications are enabled. App is updated.
Problem has occurred for the past year. I continue to try to use the Goal setting feature, but Find the ineffective due to lack of reminders pop-ups. A few months goes past and I'll try again. The cycle repeats.
IDoes anyone have suggestions of how to fix this? Or is this a programming issue?
Last edited by annicawinters on Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”