How long before the info appears on the LUWS?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
skiptaylor

How long before the info appears on the LUWS?

Post by skiptaylor »

We've started a new Branch. The information was transferred from the old computer/ward to the new computer/branch.

I'm not seeing their information on the new Branch LUWS. How long does it take for it to transfer there?

Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

avskip wrote:We've started a new Branch. The information was transferred from the old computer/ward to the new computer/branch.

I'm not seeing their information on the new Branch LUWS. How long does it take for it to transfer there?
It can take anywhere from 1 to 8 days, from what I've seen and read. You might want to review these threads:

Synchronization delay?
Syncronizing website with MLS?

There's not much definitive, and a wide range of experiences, but I don't think there has been any official pronouncement on this question. In this post a Church employee said membership info was updated daily, but that was disputed by multiple other posts.
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

Thanks for the info Alan. I'll be patient for a while and see what happens with it all.

Lancaster CA.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Has the new branch itself shown up in LUWS? That might take a bit longer. I think the paperwork from the stake that it was actually done has to make it to CHQ.

I'd expect the membership move to be the normal delay.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

RussellHltn wrote:Has the new branch itself shown up in LUWS? That might take a bit longer. I think the paperwork from the stake that it was actually done has to make it to CHQ.

I'd expect the membership move to be the normal delay.
The branch is showing and has blank pages. The members were moved Tuesday afternoon (Pacific Time) but is still blank.

Just have to wait I guess...
Lancaster CA.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

avskip wrote:The branch is showing and has blank pages. The members were moved Tuesday afternoon (Pacific Time) but is still blank.

Just have to wait I guess...

Has the new branch MLS computer picked up the membership records? I do not think it matters, but it will give you a feel for how quickly the records are transfering through the system.

And at LUWS, since the branch is showing, I would suspect that you will see something by the end of the week. No promises, though. [grin]
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

lajackson wrote:Has the new branch MLS computer picked up the membership records? I do not think it matters, but it will give you a feel for how quickly the records are transfering through the system.

Yes. It took about an hour to transfer the 192 records. Measured from Send/Receive to Send/Receive times.
lajackson wrote:And at LUWS, since the branch is showing, I would suspect that you will see something by the end of the week. No promises, though. [grin]
I guess we'll see. I wanted to get this done before Sunday, but that may not happen. I'm not sure why it would take so long unless they have such things scheduled for certain times/days.

Guess we'll see.
Lancaster CA.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

avskip wrote:I'm not sure why it would take so long unless they have such things scheduled for certain times/days.
Personally, I think this is the case, although I have no knowledge of how the system really works, except for the discussions that have taken place here in the Forum, and a very small sampling of my own experiences.

But I do think they do certain things once a week, or perhaps twice, and that they stagger the units where information is processed to balance the load.
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

The info appeared this evening. It wasn't there this morning when I checked.

So it's been 7 days after it was moved to the new Branch.

So now we know!

Lancaster CA.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”