LDS Maps - Purchaseable?

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
obelix-p40

LDS Maps - Purchaseable?

Post by obelix-p40 »

Is it possible to purchase the programming behind LDS Maps? I know that it's a Google Maps mashup but I'm wondering if LDS would be interested in selling the code behind the mashup.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

obelix wrote:Is it possible to purchase the programming behind LDS Maps? I know that it's a Google Maps mashup but I'm wondering if LDS would be interested in selling the code behind the mashup.
The best place to start with this would be to contact the intellectual property office by writing to:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Intellectual Property Office
50 E. North Temple
18th Floor, Salt Lake City, UT 84150-3012

Tom
Kako-p40

Post by Kako-p40 »

The licence agreement of Google Maps API and Microsoft Maps are a simple permition to use over a web browser or similar application on a single http session. The owner of the intelectual property are from MapLink, Tele Atlas, NASA. Depends on the country or Continent, are added more contributor for partial Geo-data contributions.

Here in my work, in Chile, we trying to build an application with similars options, and will cost more than US$ 2 Millons only for intelectual property for the cartography, geo-localization API, satellite imagenery and that are only for my small country, without counting the geomap-server application licence or geo-reference API or the know how to use open-source project, like mapserver.

The Google Maps API are free to use in non-commercial projects, with a API to build KML documents to referer geographycal locations are relative simple to buils if you have geografical and geomesure 'knowlge', and both are full documented on Google Maps API project and Google KML document Reference. Just Google-in...

:D

Return to “Other Member Technologies”