Ordering High Capacity Toner Cartridges

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

In this post from the Copier FAQ, there is an attached document that contains this statement:
HP toner part numbers ending with either an A (for standard capacity), or an X (extra capacity) will both work in the same machine. High capacity toner is encouraged because it is a better value per page than standard capacity, since you get more impressions for less money over-all. To check this out, divide the price by the yield, then compare.

This does indeed seem like sound advice. However, as I was recently placing an order with Corporate Express for toner for our stake's HP M3027x, I gave the sales representative the copier's model number, and she placed an order for the HEWQ7551A. She didn't mention the toner cartridge's model number, yield, or price. However, just before she was about to end the call, I asked her for the price, and noticed that it was about 40% less than the last time I ordered toner, and so I was able to determine that it was the lower-capacity "A" cartridge, rather than the recommended high-capacity "X" cartridge that we ordered last time.

It would be good for someone in LDS Copier Administration to instruct the Corporate Express sales reps to default to ordering the "X" cartridges unless someone explicitly wants the "A" cartridge.
mamadsen

Post by mamadsen »

It would be good for someone in LDS Copier Administration to instruct Corporate Express to offer the X model for the HP MFC 4345 online. The toner cartridge Q5945X is not available, just the A. :(
Copier Admin-p40

Post by Copier Admin-p40 »

HP indicates that for the 4345 model they only manufacture the one 45A cartridge (18000 yld) but no 45X. That is why Corp Ex does not offer it.

Corp Ex has been asked to sell the X or high capacity cartridge where there is one, but they have a large team that answers the phone and sometimes don't follow process.
Copier admin

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”