LDS New Media Player

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
zabaki

LDS New Media Player

Post by zabaki »

As always, one feels abit lost when you come to a forum, so sorry if this question has been answered once before.

I'm a missionary who have found that at times, showing talks from General conferance videos to some of my investigators has really helped them to understand that we do have a living prophet and apostles.

Last oct. when general conferance was about to begin, I found the "Highlights" video. Something that brought the spirit so much.

So my question is, how can I get the General Conference Highlights down on a computer, so I can put on my iPod Video, and show it to my investigators.

- Holst
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

zabaki wrote:... [H]ow can I get the General Conference Highlights down on a computer, so I can put on my iPod Video, and show it to my investigators.
There are two formats for the general conference hightlights, wmv and quicktime. The wmv format is a smaller download. For example the October 2008 conerence highlights are 22MB in wmv format while the quicktime format is 81MB. To download either all you need to do is right click the preferred format icon and select "Save target as...".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
zabaki

Post by zabaki »

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

I had just seen the highligts through the new media player, but not under the G.C. section where you see the list of talks.

But i found the highlights for Oct G.C.
There isn't one for the april one though, which i found to be a lot better, also because it shows the church sustaining Thomas S. Monson called as a new prophet.

So, know of a URL where i can get that?
caillines

Post by caillines »

Here's the link to the April 2008 General Conference http://www.lds.org/conference/sessions/ ... 51,00.html which contains the list of talks in in session, as well as videos and audio for each (available as full session, or individual talks), I believe the one titled "The Sustaining of Church Officers" is the one you want to view.
(note: this is not a highlights video, but the whole section of the sustaining of President Monson, as well as all other church officers)

Like you I can't seem to find the highlights for the April2008 Conference, only the October 2008 one.

There is a list of all the conferences at http://www.lds.org/conference/display/0 ... -1,00.html

Hope this helps.

Return to “General Discussions”