Is there an internal Church Resource?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
skiptaylor

Is there an internal Church Resource?

Post by skiptaylor »

Hello,

I'm wondering if there exists an internal Church resource where one may purchase items for a Stake, using Stake funds for items such as microphones, mixers, microphone stands etc.

In other words, does the Church have a department or a sourcing guide where we can buy the above items for the Stake at the same price the Church pays.

I hope that made sense.:rolleyes:

Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

avskip wrote:Hello,

I'm wondering if there exists an internal Church resource where one may purchase items for a Stake, using Stake funds for items such as microphones, mixers, microphone stands etc.

In other words, does the Church have a department or a sourcing guide where we can buy the above items for the Stake at the same price the Church pays.

I hope that made sense.:rolleyes:

Equipment that you are referring to is ordered through your local FM group who maintains the responsibility for purchase and repair of those items, including televisions, vcr/dvd players, etc.

In our stake I work through a member of the high council who is responsible for the buildings in our stake and he would contact the FM group.
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

Techgy wrote:Equipment that you are referring to is ordered through your local FM group who maintains the responsibility for purchase and repair of those items, including televisions, vcr/dvd players, etc.

In our stake I work through a member of the high council who is responsible for the buildings in our stake and he would contact the FM group.
What I'm asking about is equipment the FM group could buy but won't for various reasons. Then the Stake has to pay the cost if the items are needed. That's where we are at with this right now and the reason for my request.
Lancaster CA.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

avskip wrote:What I'm asking about is equipment the FM group could buy but won't for various reasons. Then the Stake has to pay the cost if the items are needed. That's where we are at with this right now and the reason for my request.
I understand that the stake should have a catalog for equipment. This would carry items such as library supplies, furniture, and I believe also what you are looking for. I don't recall all that's in the catalog, but it was fairly extensive.

Either your stake clerk or a member of the stake presidency should have knowledge of it.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

avskip wrote:What I'm asking about is equipment the FM group could buy but won't for various reasons. Then the Stake has to pay the cost if the items are needed. That's where we are at with this right now and the reason for my request.
I understand that the stake should have a catalog for equipment. This would carry items such as library supplies, furniture, and I believe also what you are looking for. I don't recall all that's in the catalog, but it was fairly extensive.

Either your stake clerk or a member of the stake presidency should have knowledge of it.

Another suggestion would be to contact the FM group and have them order the equipment and have it billed to the stake. I just asked our stake High Councilor who also handles the buildings and that was his suggestion.
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

Thanks! I'll check into those options!

Lancaster CA.

Return to “General Discussions”