Membership Records

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
jesscast-p40

Membership Records

Post by jesscast-p40 »

I am trying to find out how I locate which ward my records are in. We've moved and moved and moved some more and I'm pretty sure that they are in the right state with me, but I don't know which ward I am in or which stake I am in.....if anyone can let me know how to find out I would appreciate it. Thanks so much.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jesscast wrote:I am trying to find out how I locate which ward my records are in. We've moved and moved and moved some more and I'm pretty sure that they are in the right state with me, but I don't know which ward I am in or which stake I am in.....if anyone can let me know how to find out I would appreciate it. Thanks so much.
It doesn't really matter what ward your records are in. The important question is: what ward do you live in now? You can answer that question by entering your address at http://maps.lds.org and looking at the "Assigned Congregation" in the results. There will be a link by the assigned congregation that will tell you a phone number and the name of the bishop.

Then you can contact your new ward, and you can give them some basic information about yourself so that they can request your membership records. Then your records will be in the right place and you'll know where you should attend church.

The only reason you would need to know any former wards is if you made donations to those wards and would like tax receipts. But that's a separate issue, and hopefully you would have a record of the checks you wrote to any former wards to help you track that down.
ConlinC
Church Employee
Church Employee

Calling Member and Leader Services

Post by ConlinC »

You can get help by calling the Church's Member and Leader Services support desk at (801)240-3500.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

If you have already created an account on the LUWS, just log in and you will automatically be taken to the ward where your records currently are.

Echoing what was said above, that information is not needed to get your records into your current ward. Your current clerk can request them without this information. Once they arrive, they will tell what your prior unit was.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

You can too meet with your current ward clerk and request your records to this ward in MLS. You will need to know your Church Record Number and provide your birth date and address.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

MorettiDP wrote:You can too meet with your current ward clerk and request your records to this ward in MLS. You will need to know your Church Record Number and provide your birth date and address.
To get the records in the ward, all you need to know is the birthday and name.

Return to “General Discussions”