LUWS Down?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

LUWS Down?

Post by zaneclark »

I am unable to log on to the web sites, with a message stating it is down for maintenance, Anyone know how long?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I am unable to log on to the web sites, with a message stating it is down for maintenance, Anyone know how long?
I can confirm what you are seeing. The exact message is:
The system is down for maintenance. Please try back later.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
I have no information on how long it will be down. I would doubt that an outage in the middle of the day was planned, so I'm sure they're working on it diligently and it will be back up "soon" (whatever that means :rolleyes:).
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Alan_Brown wrote:I can confirm what you are seeing. The exact message is:

I have no information on how long it will be down. I would doubt that an outage in the middle of the day was planned, so I'm sure they're working on it diligently and it will be back up "soon" (whatever that means :rolleyes:).
Ooooh! Maybe they will add some goodies from the wish list!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Ooooh! Maybe they will add some goodies from the wish list!
I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you. A planned upgrade wouldn't be implemented in this way, with no warning in the middle of the day, so I would think it is extremely unlikely that you'll see any new features as a result of this outage.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Alan_Brown wrote:I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you. A planned upgrade wouldn't be implemented in this way, with no warning in the middle of the day, so I would think it is extremely unlikely that you'll see any new features as a result of this outage.

Oh well, it was a good thought......:D
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Oh well, it was a good thought......:D
The LUWS sites are back up, by the way. They were down a bit more than an hour.

And, sorry to disappoint you, they seem to work exactly the way they did before the outage.
cherishj

Post by cherishj »

It is actually still down, at least parts of it are intermittently. They are working on an issue and don't have a time when it will be back up.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

13thfloorrocks wrote:It is actually still down, at least parts of it are intermittently. They are working on an issue and don't have a time when it will be back up.
Okay, so I rejoiced prematurely. Thank you for the clarification.

However, I'm noticing that changes I'm making don't stick at this point. I can make changes (the specific case I was working on was in the Missionary area) and the site reports that the changes were made. But when I look at those settings in either the Admin or regular user pages, none of the changes I made are actually reflected on the site.

I suppose there's an advantage in having the site up for regular users to look up information, but for administrators, it was more helpful back when the site said it was down for maintenance. From an administrator point of view, having it up but not work is worse than having it be down.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Alan_Brown wrote:Okay, so I rejoiced prematurely. Thank you for the clarification.

However, I'm noticing that changes I'm making don't stick at this point. I can make changes (the specific case I was working on was in the Missionary area) and the site reports that the changes were made. But when I look at those settings in either the Admin or regular user pages, none of the changes I made are actually reflected on the site.

I suppose there's an advantage in having the site up for regular users to look up information, but for administrators, it was more helpful back when the site said it was down for maintenance. From an administrator point of view, having it up but not work is worse than having it be down.
I just logged in to our ward site and can't find the "Registered Users" list. I need to disable some accounts for non payment of dues... Not really, but I do need to get into the list. I wonder where they put it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I just logged in to our ward site and can't find the "Registered Users" list. I need to disable some accounts for non payment of dues... Not really, but I do need to get into the list. I wonder where they put it?
Hmm, the Registered Users list for my ward is where it has always been and it displays the list of all the users as it always has.

Perhaps you are seeing one of the intermittent problems that 13thfloorrocks said are still happening.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”