Uploading Name Problem

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

Uploading Name Problem

Post by zaneclark »

I just tried to add a person to a calling in the Leadership Directory and it kept giving me the message to "use only the persons last name." I WAS using only the last name, so I used only the first 3 letters of the name.. That worked... Not sure if this is a temporary glitch or something that needs to be fixed...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Anything at all "odd" about the name? Such as a Hyphenated last name?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

RussellHltn wrote:Anything at all "odd" about the name? Such as a Hyphenated last name?
Nope! Just a plain 8 letter American name....
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I just tried to add a person to a calling in the Leadership Directory and it kept giving me the message to "use only the persons last name." I WAS using only the last name, so I used only the first 3 letters of the name.. That worked... Not sure if this is a temporary glitch or something that needs to be fixed...

Is there any chance that you accidentally typed a space in front of the name, or that you were pasting from some other source that had a space in front of the name? That will give you the message "To make your search more accurate, type the last name only of the individual you are trying to locate. "
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Alan_Brown wrote:Is there any chance that you accidentally typed a space in front of the name, or that you were pasting from some other source that had a space in front of the name? That will give you the message "To make your search more accurate, type the last name only of the individual you are trying to locate. "
Mea Culpa! I tried it again, by adding letters to the name until it would accept it and discovered that I have been transposing 2 letters in the middle of the name when I used the whole name.... I'm properly embaraassed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Oh, so what the message really should say is "Not found".

The message "To make your search more accurate, type the last name only of the individual you are trying to locate." is good advice, but shouldn't be the only message. It could be a sub-text to a "Not found" title.

I think the site bears some responsibility for a confusing message.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”