MLS Suggestion and Bug Tracking Wiki

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
McDanielCA

MLS Suggestion and Bug Tracking Wiki

Post by McDanielCA »

There is now a page on the wiki that is devoted to the suggestions and bug reporting for MLS, similar the MLS equivalent of the LUWS Suggestions and Bug Reporting Wiki Page This already taking place here, but it will be easier to find information and keep track of comments and suggestions in the wiki. If you'd like to add yours, please feel free. Discussion about this should still take place in these forums. If anyone would like to pull out their suggestions of these threads and add them to the wiki, that would be great. If this works out well, I'll add pages for other applications.

MLS Suggestions and Bug Reporting Wiki Page
ericb

Post by ericb »

I think the wikis are great for consolidating the feature requests and reporting of bugs. I'm wondering how often the bug report sections are reviewed -- the latest update to MLS (2.9.2) does not appear to address any reported bugs in the wiki (or perhaps they haven't been noted as fixed in the wiki).
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

McDanielCA wrote:There is now a page on the wiki that is devoted to the suggestions and bug reporting for MLS, similar the MLS equivalent of the LUWS Suggestions and Bug Reporting Wiki Page This already taking place here, but it will be easier to find information and keep track of comments and suggestions in the wiki. If you'd like to add yours, please feel free. Discussion about this should still take place in these forums. If anyone would like to pull out their suggestions of these threads and add them to the wiki, that would be great. If this works out well, I'll add pages for other applications.

MLS Suggestions and Bug Reporting Wiki Page
Cassie,

The URL's you noted need to be changed to:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/MLS:_Feedback_and_Suggestions

To reflect the change to a secure site.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Techgy wrote:Cassie,

The URL's you noted need to be changed to:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/MLS:_Feedback_and_Suggestions

To reflect the change to a secure site.
I've made the changes. Thanks.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

ericb wrote:I think the wikis are great for consolidating the feature requests and reporting of bugs. I'm wondering how often the bug report sections are reviewed -- the latest update to MLS (2.9.2) does not appear to address any reported bugs in the wiki (or perhaps they haven't been noted as fixed in the wiki).

I didn't see anyone comment on whether the wiki is still the right place for bugs and feature requests. The last time the wiki was modified was August 2011 (according to the history).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sasgrw wrote:I didn't see anyone comment on whether the wiki is still the right place for bugs and feature requests. The last time the wiki was modified was August 2011 (according to the history).
It's not the right place. The MLS product managers stopped looking at it long ago. You can always send a suggestion to Local Unit Support.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Do you know if the existing set of feature requests on the wiki were passed on to whatever system they're using now to track requests?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sasgrw wrote:Do you know if the existing set of feature requests on the wiki were passed on to whatever system they're using now to track requests?
I'm pretty confident that some of the later requests were never seen by anyone. But I have no idea when they stopped looking -- I just know that at some point when I asked about it I was told that they didn't look at that wiki page anymore.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
genman

Post by genman »

aebrown wrote:You can always send a suggestion to Local Unit Support.
How do you send a suggestion to "Local Unit Support"?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re:

Post by aebrown »

genman wrote:How do you send a suggestion to "Local Unit Support"?
See the Local Unit Support page for options.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”