repeating events

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
farwest

repeating events

Post by farwest »

We wanted to show family home evening on our stake calendar for every monday. how do you set it up to do every monday without typing it in on every monday of the month.
Also our stake presidency and high council meeting which are the first and third sunday.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:We wanted to show family home evening on our stake calendar for every monday. how do you set it up to do every monday without typing it in on every monday of the month.
Also our stake presidency and high council meeting which are the first and third sunday.

Start to add an event, give it a title, specify the starting and ending dates, and then use the "Make this a repeating event" link.

For FHE, choose Weekly, every 1 week, and check Monday.

For a meeting on the first Sunday, choose Monthly, then the First Sunday of every 1 month, and similarly for the third Sunday.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:For a meeting on the first Sunday, choose Monthly, then the First Sunday of every 1 month, and similarly for the third Sunday.
These will be two different events, one for the 1st Sunday of each month, and a separate event for the 3rd Sunday. You can't code them both under the same event.

Another thing to watch with repeating events is that you cannot skip a date. If you have an activity on the first Friday of every month, for example, but you will not hold it in July, you will need to code one event for all of the first Fridays through June, then another event for all of the first Fridays from August to the end of the year, or whenever.

Our stake presidency normally holds weekly meetings, and the calendar winds up with about four or five entries, depending on when the holidays fall during the year.
farwest

weekly

Post by farwest »

I don't see any daily or weekly fields
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:I don't see any daily or weekly fields

The daily/weekly/monthly/yearly options appear when you click on the "Make this a repeating event" link. However, be aware that this does use a popup. If you have a popup blocker on your system, make sure that you allow popups for lds.org or you won't be able to do repeating events.
farwest

pop ups

Post by farwest »

yes that was the problem.
libbyday-p40

can't make a repeating event

Post by libbyday-p40 »

This is the problem for me too, when I click "Make Repeating Event" the page appears to be loading something, but then nothing happens.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

libbyday wrote:This is the problem for me too, when I click "Make Repeating Event" the page appears to be loading something, but then nothing happens.
This is an example of what happens when pop-ups are blocked. The exact procedures to permit pop-ups is dependent on the web browser you are using. For IE 6, 7 & 8, turning on or off the pop-up blocker is covered at the Windows Block Pop-up Windows with Internet Explorer article.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”