Internet Missionary Office System Update

Discuss the feature articles on the Tech Home Page.

Do you agree or disagree with this article?

I have no opinion
56%
I have no opinion
No votes
I have no opinion
44%

Total votes: 16

McDanielCA

Internet Missionary Office System Update

Post by McDanielCA »

Internet Missionary Office System Update was originally posted on the main page of LDS Tech. It was written by Aaron Chomjak

Development continues on the Internet Mission Office System (iMOS), a new Web application that allows mission office staff to manage their organization and perform financial tasks. Project 2 has ended, and Project 3, which will complete the main finance features and enhance existing finance and mission organization sections of the application, is in progress.

Currently, about 30 missions are using the system’s mission organization functionality in a beta testing stage of the application rollout. Three of these missions are using the finance features. The Missionary Department expects to add more missions to the beta testing group soon and will begin a general rollout in January 2009.

Aaron Chomjak is a technical program manager for the Church.
justincy

Post by justincy »

Having been one who served in a mission office recently, I can say that this is GREATLY needed. It's good to hear that the release is near.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

iMOS is a good way to help missionaries in staff support the mission needs and use more time to your missionary responsabilities.
spjutster-p40

Raw data

Post by spjutster-p40 »

Does anyone know if there will be any way for missions to access the raw data to query it into an excel sheet for example. In MOS there is the adHoc database to do this - is there anything similar in iMOS?
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Gustaf wrote:Having been one who served in a mission office recently, I can say that this is GREATLY needed. It's good to hear that the release is near.

I also have to agree that this will be very helpful as it reduces the amount of wasted time doing backups and storing backups in the multiple places required by the office rules. Also the old MOS interface was very much disliked.
- David
BrainClay

feature questions...

Post by BrainClay »

Our mission has traditionally staffed our mission office with retired couples. We're having a harder time for some reason in getting our office fully staffed. One thing that might help is to allow users to work from home more often - do you know if iMOS will allow that? (you'd think so, but who knows...)

Also, when will vehicle and housing features be added? that would be one area that would be really nice to be able to update by local members.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

bcpalmer60 wrote:Our mission has traditionally staffed our mission office with retired couples. We're having a harder time for some reason in getting our office fully staffed. One thing that might help is to allow users to work from home more often - do you know if iMOS will allow that? (you'd think so, but who knows...)

Also, when will vehicle and housing features be added? that would be one area that would be really nice to be able to update by local members.

Unless iMOS is on the Church network as an internal site (all missions are tied into the church network VPN) it would be avaliable from any internet accesable device.

As for your second statement I just have to give my opinion that I do not believe that members will be allowed access to the iMOS system and even doubt any but the office staff will have access with regular changing of the password when a new secretary is called.
- David
BrainClay

Local Members

Post by BrainClay »

thedqs wrote:As for your second statement I just have to give my opinion that I do not believe that members will be allowed access to the iMOS system and even doubt any but the office staff will have access with regular changing of the password when a new secretary is called.

We call local members to serve "Church Service Missions" - 8 to 32 hours a week, which means they live at home, but serve in the mission office. We have had three such couples in the past, each serving about 32 hours a week. As I mentioned, they are having a harder time right now, so they are thinking about calling more local members to serve such missions, but have them only serve about 8 hours a week, and rather than driving all over the mission (up to 3 hours one way), they would stay much closer to home (up to 30 minutes one way). One example of this would be the vehicle coordinators and the missionary housing coordinators.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

bcpalmer60 wrote:We call local members to serve "Church Service Missions" - 8 to 32 hours a week, which means they live at home, but serve in the mission office. We have had three such couples in the past, each serving about 32 hours a week. As I mentioned, they are having a harder time right now, so they are thinking about calling more local members to serve such missions, but have them only serve about 8 hours a week, and rather than driving all over the mission (up to 3 hours one way), they would stay much closer to home (up to 30 minutes one way). One example of this would be the vehicle coordinators and the missionary housing coordinators.

Hmm, never had those in my mission (Brazil, Recife) but the idea I think would be sound.
- David

Return to “Featured Article Discussions”