church handbook of instructions

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
farwest

church handbook of instructions

Post by farwest »

Is there an online version of the handbook of instructions for stake presidencies and ward bishoprics? This would make it easier to assemble a training meeting where you could copy and paste the items you wanted out of the handbook into a document.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

farwest wrote:Is there an online version of the handbook of instructions for stake presidencies and ward bishoprics? This would make it easier to assemble a training meeting where you could copy and paste the items you wanted out of the handbook into a document.

No, the Church has not made the Handbook available in any electronic form.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

I think this is for security reasons. Easy to copy, modify and past.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

Alan_Brown wrote:No, the Church has not made the Handbook available in any electronic form.
Is there a procedure for reporting when a copy of the Handbook shows up on the Internet? I assume the legal department would want to protect the copyrighted material. I just saw a scanned version of Book 1. It was supposedly posted on January 3. Is there someone or somewhere to whom I should send the URL?

Thanks,
Dennis
LakeyTW

Post by LakeyTW »

dmaynes wrote:Is there a procedure for reporting when a copy of the Handbook shows up on the Internet? I assume the legal department would want to protect the copyrighted material. I just saw a scanned version of Book 1. It was supposedly posted on January 3. Is there someone or somewhere to whom I should send the URL?

Thanks,
Dennis
Send me a private message and I will make sure it gets reported.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dmaynes wrote:Is there a procedure for reporting when a copy of the Handbook shows up on the Internet? I assume the legal department would want to protect the copyrighted material. I just saw a scanned version of Book 1. It was supposedly posted on January 3. Is there someone or somewhere to whom I should send the URL?
Yes there is.

For further assistance or information regarding Church copyrighted materials, you may contact the Church's Intellectual Property Office at:
Phone: 801-240-3959 or 1-800-453-3860, ext. 2-3959
Fax: 801-240-1187
E-Mail: cor-intellectualproperty@ldschurch.org.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

jdlessley wrote:Yes there is.

For further assistance or information regarding Church copyrighted materials, you may contact the Church's Intellectual Property Office at:
Phone: 801-240-3959 or 1-800-453-3860, ext. 2-3959
Fax: 801-240-1187
E-Mail: cor-intellectualproperty@ldschurch.org.
Thank you for the reply. I guess I should have searched on the Church's website. For others who may read this thread, the above information came from this webpage:

Rights and Use Information

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?v ... 5e340aRCRD

Return to “General Discussions”