Admin options for LUWS

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
studentclerk-p40

Admin options for LUWS

Post by studentclerk-p40 »

How does one get admin rights to change the LUWS? Is it assigned in MLS? None of our clerks have access and we'd like to update the very out of date LUWS.

Thanks!
studentclerk
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

studentclerk wrote:How does one get admin rights to change the LUWS? Is it assigned in MLS? None of our clerks have access and we'd like to update the very out of date LUWS.

Admin rights to LUWS have nothing to do with MLS. The stake should have at least one web site administrator who has the rights to assign any ward member as a ward web site administrator. The Stake Clerk should know who that is (and he may be a stake web site administrator himself).

If there is no known stake administrator, then the stake clerk should contact Clerk Support for help. Hopefully that is not necessary.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If you want to find out who the ward web site administrator is, the one who will receive e-mail notifications, you can click on the "Feedback" link on the ward web page. Then when the Feedback page comes up click the "XYZ Ward Administrators" link in the line that says "Send feedback to the XYZ Administrators". You will get a pop-up with information on that particular ward administrator, including their address, telephone number, and e-mail address.

I don't know if it is possible to have an old ward web site administrator that has moved out of the ward still displayed as the administrator. I haven't seen or heard of what would happen in this scenario. Normally when a member's records have been moved then they no longer appear on the LUWS. I suspect that for a ward that had only one web site administrator the Stake web site administrator designated as the one who will receive e-mail notifications would be the one to be displayed in this situation. Does anyone have any experience or information on this?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jdlessley wrote:I don't know if it is possible to have an old ward web site administrator that has moved out of the ward still displayed as the administrator. I haven't seen or heard of what would happen in this scenario. Normally when a member's records have been moved then they no longer appear on the LUWS. I suspect that for a ward that had only one web site administrator the Stake web site administrator designated as the one who will receive e-mail notifications would be the one to be displayed in this situation. Does anyone have any experience or information on this?
I did a test on my own ward web site. I deleted all the ward web site administrators. I then followed the proceedure I described in my last post. All the stake web site administrators were listed since there was no one administrator designated as the one to receive e-mail notifications. I assume this is how it would happen if a ward had only one web site administrator and they moved out of the ward.

As a side note: If there is more than one web site administrator and none have been designated as the one to receive e-mail notifications then all web site administrators, including stake web administrators, will be listed when the procedure I listed in the last post is followed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”