New Year New question

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
kmalone-p40

New Year New question

Post by kmalone-p40 »

Okay, MLS is asking me to update the block time. The catch is we didn't change and it won't let me clear the urgent task.

I went in and changed the time and saved it to clear the task, it worked. Went back into system options and changed the time back and it shows up in urgent task again.

How do I clear this, I don't care but my Bishop would like to have the urgent task list clean.
superdave98

A thought

Post by superdave98 »

Have you tried changing it to an incorrect time and saving it, followed by changing it back to the correct time and then saving again? That might eliminate your urgent task.

Dave
GreyWolf68

Post by GreyWolf68 »

When it asks you to set the meeting time, you have to be sure to set the date in the same box(the next time you want to be reminded) to January 1st of the next year.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

GreyWolf wrote:When it asks you to set the meeting time, you have to be sure to set the date in the same box(the next time you want to be reminded) to January 1st of the next year.
I'd suggest setting to Dec 27, the last Sunday in 2009.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mattprasmussen

Post by mattprasmussen »

Sure, but it's still on our list of Urgent Tasks. Kinda takes the urgency out of something knowing it doesn't have to be done for another 11+ months. :rolleyes:
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Matt_Rasmussen wrote:Sure, but it's still on our list of Urgent Tasks. Kinda takes the urgency out of something knowing it doesn't have to be done for another 11+ months. :rolleyes:

I know this may seem too obvious to mention, for which I apologize, but have you looked closely at the year you are specifying? Is the date indeed in the future? I don't understand how the Urgent Task can appear if indeed the reminder date is in the future.

In my experience (which I have reverified today by multiple tests), the presence of the Urgent Task is simply a function of today's date. I can go into System Options > Unit (or use the Urgent Task link if present) and change the reminder date to be any date I want. If it is today's date or earlier, I have an Urgent Task. If the reminder date is tomorrow or later, I have no urgent task. It really is that simple in all my testing. The Urgent Task immediately appears or disappears as I adjust the date to be before or after today.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

For those units that do not change their meeting times each year, the "Date When Time Changes" or the "Next Reminder Date" can be set for several years out. That way you will not get an urgent task reminder each year.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mattprasmussen

Post by mattprasmussen »

The fact that Alan verified the item appearing or disappearing makes me wonder. I'm pretty sure this Sunday we set it to the last Dec of 2009. I know it still appeared in the list but I guess I'll check the year. Thanks for your time!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”