Import Data in MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Roland-p40

Import Data in MLS

Post by Roland-p40 »

MLS provides an option to import membership data. I would like to use this option to update membership data, e.g. address, GEO code, etc and import it back into MLS. But when I try this I always run into an error message that the file format is not correct. Even when I try to import the file that I just exported from MLS without any changes.
Any ideas?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Roland wrote:MLS provides an option to import membership data. I would like to use this option to update membership data, e.g. address, GEO code, etc and import it back into MLS. But when I try this I always run into an error message that the file format is not correct. Even when I try to import the file that I just exported from MLS without any changes.
Any ideas?

The MLS import is not a general purpose import. It is used only for an initial installation of MLS. The file format it is expecting is a special format that would be sent to you by the Church -- it has nothing to do with the MLS export formats. So you can't import membership record updates the way you were hoping.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”