1099-MISC examples

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kylems-p40

1099-MISC examples

Post by kylems-p40 »

I'm curious what are some examples of when we would have to send out the 1099-MISC forms. I have read and understand the wiki. I'm just looking for several possible examples.

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kylems wrote:I'm curious what are some examples of when we would have to send out the 1099-MISC forms. I have read and understand the wiki. I'm just looking for several possible examples.
Given all the exclusions, the examples would have to be payments to individuals for activities or other similar expenses. Some examples might be:
  • A caterer (an individual, not a corporation) for a ward dinner
  • Rental fees paid to an individual for use of property for a youth conference
Remember that the $600 threshold is for all the units in a stake, so you can't simply ask the wards to report expenses over $600 if there is any chance that multiple units have paid the same provider, since you could have three wards each paying someone $200, which would still have to be reported.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”