Birth Country Field

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mzundel

Birth Country Field

Post by mzundel »

I have a unit that is experiencing a problem in MLS. They are trying to fill in the New Child Of Record form. One of the required fields is Birth Country. For the ward that is trying to fill in the form, Birth Country is blank and when I hit the select button, nothing is returned.

For my local unit, the Birth Country is already filled in and when I hit the select button, I can see a list of countries.

How can I get this resolved so they can enter the information?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mzundel wrote:I have a unit that is experiencing a problem in MLS. They are trying to fill in the New Child Of Record form. One of the required fields is Birth Country. For the ward that is trying to fill in the form, Birth Country is blank and when I hit the select button, nothing is returned.

For my local unit, the Birth Country is already filled in and when I hit the select button, I can see a list of countries.

Try re-installing MLS. It appears that the table with the list of countries is corrupt or missing. Re-installing should restore functionality.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mzundel wrote:I have a unit that is experiencing a problem in MLS. They are trying to fill in the New Child Of Record form. One of the required fields is Birth Country. For the ward that is trying to fill in the form, Birth Country is blank and when I hit the select button, nothing is returned.

In MLS, do File | Request Unit Refresh Data. You will be presented with four options, one of which is "Countries, States, and Provinces List." Check that box, click OK, and then do a Send/Receive. Within less than 24 hours you should be able to do a Send/Receive and your list of countries should be updated.

I'm not sure how the list of countries could have developed this problem, but this procedure should fix it.
mzundel

Post by mzundel »

Thanks for the quick replies. Alan, I have requested the Unit Refresh. Now I have to wait to see if that will fix the problem. If it does not, then I might look into reinstalling MLS.

I will post back the results.
mzundel

Post by mzundel »

Thanks to Alan, this problem has been resolved. It took about 6 hours before the MLS request was fulfilled from HQ.

Thanks!
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

I guess I was off track. I was going to suggest the following:

From the MLS menu bar, navigate to Edit > System, and make sure the correct country is listed in the Default Address Values section.

But apparently, that was not the problem.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”