Ward Websites not responsive this morning - 2008-Dec-24

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
dmaynes

Ward Websites not responsive this morning - 2008-Dec-24

Post by dmaynes »

It could be that there is high usage of the websites this morning, however all the page loads are very slow. The login pages came up extremely slow under FireFox, and the ward welcome page did not display after 10 minutes. I finally started using the Google Chrome browser (it does not always work reliably with LUWS), and I was able to see the ward welcome page and the administrator pages.

The e-mail broadcast pages are taking several minutes to load using the Chrome browser.

I normally see slowness and delays on Sunday afternoons, but the delays this morning are quite lengthy. It took about 30 minutes to send out the weekly e-mail broadcast. This usually takes about 5 minutes.

I did not notice any delay with the e-mail delivery.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dmaynes wrote:It could be that there is high usage of the websites this morning, however all the page loads are very slow. The login pages came up extremely slow under FireFox, and the ward welcome page did not display after 10 minutes. I finally started using the Google Chrome browser (it does not always work reliably with LUWS), and I was able to see the ward welcome page and the administrator pages.

The e-mail broadcast pages are taking several minutes to load using the Chrome browser.

I normally see slowness and delays on Sunday afternoons, but the delays this morning are quite lengthy. It took about 30 minutes to send out the weekly e-mail broadcast. This usually takes about 5 minutes.

I did not notice any delay with the e-mail delivery.
I'm not seeing any delay. The local unit websites are performing extremely well for me; in fact, the site seems to be as responsive as I have ever seen it. It's hard to imagine that the morning of Christmas Eve would experience unusually high loads -- I would expect just the opposite.

I tested on FireFox and IE7, both user and administrator pages. Almost all pages display in less than 5 seconds, and most are only 1-2 seconds (with the exception of the admin pages for lesson schedules and registered users, which are always slow, in my experience).
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

Alan_Brown wrote:I'm not seeing any delay. The local unit websites are performing extremely well for me; in fact, the site seems to be as responsive as I have ever seen it. It's hard to imagine that the morning of Christmas Eve would experience unusually high loads -- I would expect just the opposite.

I tested on FireFox and IE7, both user and administrator pages. Almost all pages display in less than 5 seconds, and most are only 1-2 seconds (with the exception of the admin pages for lesson schedules and registered users, which are always slow, in my experience).
I appreciate your response and checking this out. I will spend more time in the future before submitting another post like this one. I hadn't really noticed a problem previously, so that's why I posted. I have scanned my machine for infections and found a couple of minor ones. I have reinstalled my browser. But, there must be something wrong on my end.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

dmaynes wrote:I appreciate your response and checking this out. I will spend more time in the future before submitting another post like this one. I hadn't really noticed a problem previously, so that's why I posted. I have scanned my machine for infections and found a couple of minor ones. I have reinstalled my browser. But, there must be something wrong on my end.
It could also be with your ISP.

Tom

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”