Q&A Sort by hits

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
jcarroll-p40

Q&A Sort by hits

Post by jcarroll-p40 »

LDS Tech Webmaster,

On the Q&A page:

http://tech.lds.org/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=83

The page allows the visitor to sort by hits, offering two choices, "Hits asc" and "Hits desc," which must be abbreviations for "sort by hits, ascending" and "sort by hits, descending." However, the two are backwards. When you sort by "hits asc," the questions with the greatest number of hits are listed first. Similarly, when you sort by "hits desc," the questions with the fewest number of hits are listed first. This is backwards. Will you please correct this?

Thank you,
James Carroll
kd7mha

Sorting

Post by kd7mha »

jcarroll wrote:LDS Tech Webmaster,

On the Q&A page:

http://tech.lds.org/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=83

The page allows the visitor to sort by hits, offering two choices, "Hits asc" and "Hits desc," which must be abbreviations for "sort by hits, ascending" and "sort by hits, descending." However, the two are backwards. When you sort by "hits asc," the questions with the greatest number of hits are listed first. Similarly, when you sort by "hits desc," the questions with the fewest number of hits are listed first. This is backwards. Will you please correct this?

Thank you,
James Carroll
The sorting may refer to the popularity and not the actual number of hits.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I have to agree with jcarroll. It appears to be reversed. My bank does this too when sorting certain columns. Really bugs me.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check into it.

Tom

Return to “Help with this forum”