Ward Building Representative (reporting system)

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
pulliae

Ward Building Representative (reporting system)

Post by pulliae »

I am also the Ward Building Rep for our ward. I would like to have a web based work order system to let me know when a job has been assigned and when it has been completed.

The system we use now is an email based system...I send an email and wait until i walk around and see that the task was completed. Then if it wasn't completed, I send another email. Every so often...I also include pictures in my email's...to save my 1000 word's...:)

Is there any chance that something like could be included in the new/improved LUWS 2.0?

I know there are 3rd party versions of this kind of software...where I work we use an outlook form to specify what is needed...and then there is a web site that shows all of our requests...when completed, what was done, etc...

I'm pretty sure there is some kind of system in place b/c the person i send my email's to creates a work order...I'm not sure if it is a manual systems or not...

any one have any other ideas?
is there any software like this already in use and I just don't know about it?
Tigerjuice-p40

Work Order tracking and reporting

Post by Tigerjuice-p40 »

I just got called to this position in August and have been busy getting a handle on our buildings and issues. It came to our attention that the FM Group uses Excel on a daily basis to track and assign tasks. It looked like the obvious step was to amplify what they used to fit in with their WO generation.

We created a worksheet that contained all the items we wanted to review on each building, then surveyed each building and tabulated the issues in Excel, making each column searchable. That way, any list of items could be broken out by building, type, complete/incomplete, assigned/unassigned/to whom assigned, etc. Access is granted by password only, and the sheet can only be modified by either myself (Stake PFR) or the FM Manager. This is to keep control of the information flow - I only put stuff in, and my FM guy only modifies it when it's assigned or done.

The file can be shared via Dropbox, and anyone who wants/needs access can be added to the share list. That way, you don't have to chase items or follow up with messages - just look and see if it's been done. Our FM guy is thrilled - it cuts his workload dramatically. Local leadership similarly - they can find out if something's really being done.

This service is free, at least for the size of files we're using. So far, there's a fair amount of interest in the other 4 Stakes we're associated with. We'll let you all know if we run into any major issues after we finish the rollout this month. So far, it looks pretty good.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Seems like you could do something similar with Google Docs. The advantage there is you can involve people who don't have Excel.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”