BUG - Missionary

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
greenwoodkl

BUG - Missionary

Post by greenwoodkl »

Over Christmas as usual I was recruited to fix all the tech problems for my family, their ward, etc... My mother got permission to be a ward web admin and I used her account to update their outdated unit website. In so doing, I entered in their two missionary companionships serving in their ward. However, upon updating the missionary records with an address change, the app would freeze. The radio button selections for Elder/Sister only were filled for one set of missionaries, and the Update button would not work. The only way I could find to update the two sets of missionaries was to delete both and add both again with the new info.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

The best thing to do is to have your mother report this up through her ward as this forum is not really a bug database and your bug may get lost.

Tom
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

She is in rural Iowa and has no clue how to report a bug. I'm an admin here in Provo and no one here seems to know how to fix some other bugs I've seen. Is there a number to access whichever team at CHQ handles these issues? I anticipate that these bugs are most likely code issues that only those who manage the code and application at CHQ would know how to address.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Is there a number to access whichever team at CHQ handles these issues?
I'll try and find out for you.

Tom
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

Thanks... Just food for thought, if this is not meant to be a place to report bugs, then perhaps the following portion of the description of the forum should be changed from: "Share ideas, bugs, and general feedback." to something else.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Good catch. I'll make a slight change to the text. Sorry for the confusion.

Tom
ShirtsDre

Bug should be fixed.

Post by ShirtsDre »

tomw wrote:The best thing to do is to have your mother report this up through her ward as this forum is not really a bug database and your bug may get lost.

Tom
Please note: This issue was already reported earlier this year through the LUWS support phone line.

Earlier yesterday, fixes to the admin tool to add/edit missionary data were launched. This tool should be fully functional now.

http://beta.tech.lds.org/forum/member.php?u=145kgthunder, if any further issues arise, you will need to send feedback through the appropriate channels. :)

There are several ways to request assistance or send feedback for Stake and Ward Web Sites:
  • Use the feedback link on your Stake or Ward's home page to contact your Stake or Ward administrator (Each unit has a unique feedback url). They in turn can contact Local Units support directly to convey any issues the site might have.
  • Call the "Global Service Desk" for additional assistance: (Utah: 1-801-240-4357, Toll-Free: 1-866-678-2763). Per the "GSD", these are the publicly released phone numbers.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Just a thought, you probably have a lot of feedback coming from the site. Do you ever respond to the feedback, since that might be helpful for the person who sent the feedback to know that it didn't just head off into cyberspace oblivion.
- David
ShirtsDre

Post by ShirtsDre »

thedqs wrote:Just a thought, you probably have a lot of feedback coming from the site. Do you ever respond to the feedback, since that might be helpful for the person who sent the feedback to know that it didn't just head off into cyberspace oblivion.
Yes, those that are assigned to review the feedback will often send a reply, but due to the volume of feedback received it is not always possible to respond to every post. Understand that all feedback is reviewed but not always given a reply.

Typically, faster results occur when going through the Global Service Desk. For the most part, the LUWS support agent will reply by phone or email when status is received, but it is left to each agent to follow up. Each request is documented and a job ticket is created to follow that request. A copy of that information is usually provided to the requstor.

I am normally not on the front lines of the support tree. Most of my work comes from the Global Service Desk and Feedback review agents.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

thedqs wrote:Just a thought, you probably have a lot of feedback coming from the site. Do you ever respond to the feedback, since that might be helpful for the person who sent the feedback to know that it didn't just head off into cyberspace oblivion.
I'll also remind everyone that the Church operates through revelation and not popular vote. So although we may get a ton of feedback asking for feature #1, based upon the direction we get from our leaders, we may not be able to add feature #1. This does not mean that we should not respond to your feeback...we should. I just wanted to be clear that while some of these suggestions may sound fantastic, there are sometimes other factors that come in to play that prohibit us from implementing them.

Tom

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”