Does the main page display "posts being composed?"

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
dmaynes

Does the main page display "posts being composed?"

Post by dmaynes »

I wonder if the recent posts on the main page list items as they are being composed and entered. I have clicked on the threads and not been able to see the recent posts. I didn't really understand what was happening until I saw a post by "emilyorison" who just joined the forum. When you click on the user name, you see these statistics:
Join Date: December 16th, 2008Total Posts: 0Last Activity: Today 08:19 AM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread Ward Calling LIst

Here's the item from the main page:
Ward Calling LIstemilyorisonWhat about Primary teachers?!?
Is this the desired function? I am not sure if Emily committed the post or not. Perhaps, she deleted the post and that's why I can't see it in the thread.

Thanks,
Dennis
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

dmaynes wrote:I wonder if the recent posts on the main page list items as they are being composed and entered. I have clicked on the threads and not been able to see the recent posts. I didn't really understand what was happening until I saw a post by "emilyorison" who just joined the forum. When you click on the user name, you see these statistics:
Join Date: December 16th, 2008Total Posts: 0Last Activity: Today 08:19 AM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread Ward Calling LIst

Here's the item from the main page:
Ward Calling LIstemilyorisonWhat about Primary teachers?!?
Is this the desired function? I am not sure if Emily committed the post or not. Perhaps, she deleted the post and that's why I can't see it in the thread.

Thanks,
Dennis
Yes, it appears to me that the Recent Posts section on the main page subscribes to new posts, but doesn't receive other types of updates like deletion or editing.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dmaynes wrote:I am not sure if Emily committed the post or not. Perhaps, she deleted the post and that's why I can't see it in the thread.
Yes, Emily saved the post, but later deleted it (moderators can see the difference, but regular users can't).

I'm certain nothing shows up on the home page until you actually commit a post. But you certainly raise a good point about it then not disappearing after the deletion. A similar issue was raised regarding a spam post that was deleted but remained on the home page.

Return to “Help with this forum”