Finding friends

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
luvmy8dz-p40

Finding friends

Post by luvmy8dz-p40 »

Is there a way to find member friends, converts, acquaintances, etc. who I have lost track of? I am specifially referring to people I taught and baptized while on my mission 20 years ago (Dang I'm old!!!) and have since lost track of.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The Church does not have a service such as you are asking about for the general membership. The roadblock to that is personal privacy. If the person does not live within your own stake then you on your own.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

It's a bit of a long shot but you may want to try mission.net. It is a great website centered around missions of the Church. Each mission has it's own website where old companions, converts, and mission families can interact.

Tom
luvmy8dz-p40

Post by luvmy8dz-p40 »

tomw wrote:It's a bit of a long shot but you may want to try mission.net. It is a great website centered around missions of the Church. Each mission has it's own website where old companions, converts, and mission families can interact.

Tom

I'm already registered on that site--no luck so far.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

luvmy8dz wrote:Is there a way to find member friends, converts, acquaintances, etc. who I have lost track of? I am specifially referring to people I taught and baptized while on my mission 20 years ago (Dang I'm old!!!) and have since lost track of.
tomw wrote:It's a bit of a long shot but you may want to try mission.net. It is a great website centered around missions of the Church. Each mission has it's own website where old companions, converts, and mission families can interact.

Tom
If the individuals whom you baptised still live in the same area - a possibility - then you might try getting in touch with the current Bishop of the ward/branch. You can obtain that information, including mailing address and phone number from the Church's On-Line Directory.

Return to “General Discussions”