How the LUWS can benefit the Young Women's Organization

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
AileneRHerrick

How the LUWS can benefit the Young Women's Organization

Post by AileneRHerrick »

So I had an idea. I thought that if I could get the youth in our ward to start using the Ward Website, then maybe their parents would catch on?

So my plan was to email the Young Women's Presidency with a list of suggested ways that they can utilize the LUWS to benefit their organization.

Some examples are:
1. YW activities on the calendar
2. List of class presidencies (probably in a News and Information section)
3. The ability to download a copy of the monthly "Young Women's Calendar"
4. Recognition for accomplishments in Personal Progress

Does anyone have any suggestions of how the LUWS could benefit the Young Women's Organization and the Young Women? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and hopefully everyone else can use this thread too!

Ailene
dmaynes

Additional ideas for YW involvement on LUWS

Post by dmaynes »

AileneRHerrick wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions of how the LUWS could benefit the Young Women's Organization and the Young Women? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and hopefully everyone else can use this thread too!
Here are some other ideas:

1. On a periodic basis write a short "getting to know you" article about one of the young women. It is likely that the young women know each other so you need to make it fun by listing things like: favorite food, color, book, etc. Other things might be goals, academic or extra-curricular recognitions.

2. Provide lists of projects and activities that might be pursued in connection with the Young Women in Excellence.

3. Provide spiritual thoughts or faith-promoting experiences that are especially relevant to the group of young women in the ward.

Dennis
AileneRHerrick

Thanks!

Post by AileneRHerrick »

dmaynes wrote:Here are some other ideas:

1. On a periodic basis write a short "getting to know you" article about one of the young women. It is likely that the young women know each other so you need to make it fun by listing things like: favorite food, color, book, etc. Other things might be goals, academic or extra-curricular recognitions.

2. Provide lists of projects and activities that might be pursued in connection with the Young Women in Excellence.

3. Provide spiritual thoughts or faith-promoting experiences that are especially relevant to the group of young women in the ward.

Dennis

Those are fabulous ideas Dennis. Thank you!

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”