The Case of the Disappearing Record Information

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
luvmy8dz-p40

The Case of the Disappearing Record Information

Post by luvmy8dz-p40 »

I have a member in my ward, baptized, confirmed, married in temple, etc. whose ordinance info (i.e. babtism/confirmation date, endowment date, parents info, etc.) keeps disappearing from her record. I have entered this info into MLS multiple times and two weeks later I pull up her record and the info has disappeared again. So my Membership Validation Report keeps showing errors because she is married in the temple but has not been baptized.

I have received info, dates, etc. from her, her husband, and I have even called the temple where she was endowed--they have all her record info--so all info I have entered into MLS is correct. I don't understand why it keeps disappearing. Her husband's record is fully intact.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

I would start off by using the MLS Special Requests feature (Membership > Records > Special Requests) to describe the problem and requested changes to the affected record.
mgcooper

Post by mgcooper »

i would also recommend doing a Refresh after you enter the information and transmit. Then check the info to see if that helps. I have had similar problems and doing the transmit, refresh, transmit has solved it for me.
cherishj

Post by cherishj »

I know this sounds odd, but I'd venture to guess the membership record is not assigned to your ward. There's a lovely little bug in a recent release of MLS and I can't remember the exact way to cause it right now, but this sounds like the symptom. I would suggest requesting the record through the normal method in MLS.

Return to “Membership Help”