Teaching member to properly fill out donation slips

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
kmalone-p40

Teaching member to properly fill out donation slips

Post by kmalone-p40 »

Does the church have something in electronic format I can use on the ward website to teach our members how to fill out a tithing donation slip properly.

We have several members who continue to use the other category and its kind of challenging to continually clean up the finances.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kmalone wrote:Does the church have something in electronic format I can use on the ward website to teach our members how to fill out a tithing donation slip properly.
Does this help? Donation and Receipting Categories

It may be a workable starting point, but it seems to go in-depth in areas that don't really concern members. The budget category especially. It never gets around to telling you when you should use "Budget" on the donation slip.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kmalone-p40

Great

Post by kmalone-p40 »

Actually this does. I can modify it to me meet my needs.

Most members don't understand the categories on the slip and why or what they are donating to.

Again thank you for the reference.

If interested I can post my end document for others.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kmalone wrote:If interested I can post my end document for others.

That would be helpful for others, so please do post your document to this thread when you are done.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”