Family Search Indexing Lookup Menu on Ubuntu

Issues related to FamilySearch Indexing
kafarnsworth-p40

Family Search Indexing Lookup Menu on Ubuntu

Post by kafarnsworth-p40 »

Hi all,

I've gotten Family Search Indexing working on Ubuntu, except for the lookup menu. When I click on the dropdown menu for a surname, lookup doesn't appear as an option. I can bring the lookup window up with ctrl-L, but then the cursor won't go into the lookup box. If I bring a different window to the foreground, then bring Family Search Indexing back to the foreground, the cursor is then in the lookup box, and I can use it normally.

By the way, I tried this on Kubuntu (with KDE instead of Gnome) and it worked correctly.

Has anyone got lookup working correctly on Ubuntu? Are there any tricks to this?

Ken Farnsworth
jbfriend43-p40

Post by jbfriend43-p40 »

kafarnsworth wrote:Hi all,

I've gotten Family Search Indexing working on Ubuntu, except for the lookup menu. When I click on the dropdown menu for a surname, lookup doesn't appear as an option. I can bring the lookup window up with ctrl-L, but then the cursor won't go into the lookup box. If I bring a different window to the foreground, then bring Family Search Indexing back to the foreground, the cursor is then in the lookup box, and I can use it normally.

By the way, I tried this on Kubuntu (with KDE instead of Gnome) and it worked correctly.

Has anyone got lookup working correctly on Ubuntu? Are there any tricks to this?

Ken Farnsworth
Please explain how you installed Javaws. i have tried several times in Ubuntu 8.10 and have yet to succeed. i found a website that shows how to install RPM or a self extracting binary file. both have much more than Javaws. the instructions do NOT include Ubuntu. Ubuntu rejects the install from the Indexing website.

Return to “FamilySearch Indexing”