Ward Website not updating

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
kmalone-p40

Ward Website not updating

Post by kmalone-p40 »

Anyone else having a problem in getting the ward website to update after changes. I cleared my cache and nothing forces the change.

Any ideas?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kmalone wrote:Anyone else having a problem in getting the ward website to update after changes. I cleared my cache and nothing forces the change.
Are you an Admin? What kind of changes?
kmalone-p40

Post by kmalone-p40 »

lajackson wrote:Are you an Admin? What kind of changes?
Yes, I am an Admin.

I changed the image and message.

I can update the lessons and ward calendar but the image and message is a no go no matter what I do. Very odd.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

kmalone wrote:Anyone else having a problem in getting the ward website to update after changes. I cleared my cache and nothing forces the change.

Any ideas?
The image must meet size specification or it won't be acceptable. I haven't encountered any problems with the message not updating. I assume that you've done this before and had no problems.
cherishj

Post by cherishj »

There is a bug - it's been reported to the programmers. It's not affecting all units. Basically there is a slightly different web address used when accessing the website through the Church Directory website, vs. accessing it through lds.org (the way most of us get to it). When you update the image and message, it's not being updated on the address accessed via lds.org.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

13thfloorrocks wrote:There is a bug - it's been reported to the programmers. It's not affecting all units. Basically there is a slightly different web address used when accessing the website through the Church Directory website, vs. accessing it through lds.org (the way most of us get to it). When you update the image and message, it's not being updated on the address accessed via lds.org.
Our stake held its stake conference today and we had a number of changes in stake officers. I made quite a few updates to several stake positions, as well as the message and image on the stake site and had no problems.

My access was through the lds.org web site.
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

I noticed the same problem this week. I tried to modify our wards' meeting schedules, since I like to post the coming year's schedules ahead of time. None of them updated. But, interestingly, all my changes are preserved on the administrative side; they just don't display on the public side.
kmalone-p40

Post by kmalone-p40 »

13thfloorrocks wrote:There is a bug - it's been reported to the programmers. It's not affecting all units. Basically there is a slightly different web address used when accessing the website through the Church Directory website, vs. accessing it through lds.org (the way most of us get to it). When you update the image and message, it's not being updated on the address accessed via lds.org.

Maybe we should say only those units who use the ward website heavily. :D
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mtwerner wrote:. . . interestingly, all my changes are preserved on the administrative side; they just don't display on the public side.
Remember that as you run the public and administrative sides in two different windows, you have to refresh the public side before any change you make on the administrative side will show up.

Then, there is the bug that was previously reported, depending on which way you entered the site at LUWS.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”