News sections for Auxilliaries, etc...

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
AileneRHerrick

News sections for Auxilliaries, etc...

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Would it be possible to have separate news and information sections for different Auxilliaries, such as Young Women, Elders Quorum, etc... I find that my News and Information section gets very cluttered with all the news and information from everyone! I wish there were a way to organize it, so that users could see the information they wanted to see without having to pick through everything else, does that make sense? :confused:

Thanks!

Ailene
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Not supported in the current version. Best I can suggest is to develop a method of titling the stories so it's easer to skim. Adding something like YM, EQ to the beginning of the title.

Edit: I think you can use priority to group them together.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dmaynes

An organizational idea

Post by dmaynes »

AileneRHerrick wrote:Would it be possible to have separate news and information sections for different Auxilliaries, such as Young Women, Elders Quorum, etc... I find that my News and Information section gets very cluttered with all the news and information from everyone!
One thought is to create a "News/Information Item" for each Organization. You will update each organization's item with the news/info that needs to be added. I have found it useful to put dates at the beginning of some items that are added.

So, you might have "Young Women News and Information." Then edit that item to include the four or five news/info items that you want listed. Such as: "YW in Excellence," "Beehive activity on Tuesday," etc. If you put a date with each item, you will know when it should be removed from the "YW Page" that you have created.

Thanks,
Dennis
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dmaynes wrote:If you put a date with each item, you will know when it should be removed from the "YW Page" that you have created.

Actually, each News and Information item has a removal date. If you specify that date when the item is added, you don't need to remember to remove the item at some future date.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:Actually, each News and Information item has a removal date. If you specify that date when the item is added, you don't need to remember to remove the item at some future date.
That's true of each news item in LUWS, but I think he was talking about the individual paragraphs within the single LUWS news item since that has to be edited by hand.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Thanks Dennis! I currently have separate posts for each organization, but didn't think to put the dates there. Thanks for the tip!
dmaynes wrote:One thought is to create a "News/Information Item" for each Organization. You will update each organization's item with the news/info that needs to be added. I have found it useful to put dates at the beginning of some items that are added.

So, you might have "Young Women News and Information." Then edit that item to include the four or five news/info items that you want listed. Such as: "YW in Excellence," "Beehive activity on Tuesday," etc. If you put a date with each item, you will know when it should be removed from the "YW Page" that you have created.

Thanks,
Dennis

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”