Excess ward missionary funds

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
stott-p40

Excess ward missionary funds

Post by stott-p40 »

We need to send some excess miss. funds to the Church. Does someone have at their finger tips the complete address of where we send this money?
Thanks. Alan
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

stott wrote:We need to send some excess miss. funds to the Church. Does someone have at their finger tips the complete address of where we send this money?
Thanks. Alan
If I remember correctly, you should be able to deposit it to the general missionary fund.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:If I remember correctly, you should be able to deposit it to the general missionary fund.

This is NOT correct. That would send the funds to an entirely different account.

Please review this post and those that follow it in the thread for the correct information.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:This is NOT correct. That would send the funds to an entirely different account.

Please review this post and those that follow it in the thread for the correct information.
Thanks for the correction Alan. I was going on what we had experienced when our son served his mission a few years ago. I was under the impression that the general fund was a SLC fund.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

stott wrote:We need to send some excess miss. funds to the Church. Does someone have at their finger tips the complete address of where we send this money?
Thanks. Alan
Your post title mentioned "ward missionary" funds. The answer to that is easy, just cut a check to the stake. They will either use it where needed or send it on to the Church for you.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Mikerowaved wrote:Your post title mentioned "ward missionary" funds. The answer to that is easy, just cut a check to the stake. They will either use it where needed or send it on to the Church for you.
When funds exceed some amount, a ward is notified by HQ (through the stake) to cut a check to the Corporation of the Presidentfor a specified amount and send it to HQ. Alan_Brown's link contains the specifics. That sounds like what has happened here.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”