wrong form linked

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
1historian-p40

wrong form linked

Post by 1historian-p40 »

I tried printing a baptism for a child of record form. but the form I got was the full baptism record that a missionary would fill out.
if you go under report and forms-print forms- baptism and confirmation-you get missionary baptism form
if you go under membership- update membership- baptism and confirmation- you get youth baptism form.
The second is the form you should get no matter which way you try to print it or am I missing something?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

1historian wrote:I tried printing a baptism for a child of record form. but the form I got was the full baptism record that a missionary would fill out.
if you go under report and forms-print forms- baptism and confirmation-you get missionary baptism form
if you go under membership- update membership- baptism and confirmation- you get youth baptism form.
The second is the form you should get no matter which way you try to print it or am I missing something?

The form that is printed from MLS when you go to Reports/Forms, Print Form, and select Baptism and Confirmation Record is Form 35919, as can be verified by looking at the form number in the bottom right corner of the first page of the form. This form can be used for either converts or children of record or rebaptism (there are check boxes for each of these options at the top of the form).

This is a useful form, and seems to me to be the correct form.

I can't follow your steps where you say "if you go under membership- update membership- baptism and confirmation- you get youth baptism form." Could you be more precise? Are you using the Menu or the links on the panels of the main screen? Either way, under Membership, I see nothing called "Update Membership". On the Membership page, there is an option called "View and Update" but when I take that option, there is nothing called "baptism and confirmation".

So I am unable to comment on the form that you say is printed that way. It would help if you could give precise steps, and also mention the form number.

Return to “Reports and Forms”