Need Tithing email address

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
spitfire-p40

Need Tithing email address

Post by spitfire-p40 »

Hi Guys~

I need to communicate with the guys in the tithing department. I pay my tithing via online bill pay & my payments are not showing up on my tithing settlement statements. Does anyone have their email address?

Sherry
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

spitfire wrote:I need to communicate with the guys in the tithing department. I pay my tithing via online bill pay & my payments are not showing up on my tithing settlement statements. Does anyone have their email address?

I assume you mean that you send payments to the Church via online bill pay (not to your local bishop). In that case, the e-mail address is Donations@ldschurch.org. Please note, however, that it is entirely correct that your payments would not show up on your tithing settlement statements. Your tithing settlement statement will only show payments made to the ward where you are attending tithing settlement (the ward that has your membership records).

You can see a description of the Church's bill payment process at http://www.ldsclerks.org/index.php?titl ... _Donations. A particularly relevant excerpt from that article is the following:
Q: Will I receive a tax-valid receipt for electronic donations?
A: Yes. Church headquarters will mail a donation summary in December and a tax-valid receipt after the close of each year. All mail will be sent to the address on the authorization form. Receipts are also available upon request by the donor.

So since it is only November, it seems that you need to wait a bit longer to receive the donation summary from the Church Donations Department for those payments made directly to the Church via online bill payment.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Alan_Brown wrote:I assume you mean that you send payments to the Church via online bill pay (not to your local bishop). In that case, the e-mail address is Donations@ldschurch.org. Please note, however, that it is entirely correct that your payments would not show up on your tithing settlement statements. Your tithing settlement statement will only show payments made to the ward where you are attending tithing settlement (the ward that has your membership records).

You can see a description of the Church's bill payment process at http://www.ldsclerks.org/index.php?titl ... _Donations. A particularly relevant excerpt from that article is the following:

So since it is only November, it seems that you need to wait a bit longer to receive the donation summary from the Church Donations Department for those payments made directly to the Church via online bill payment.
And as for your actual Tithing Declartion, you make an appointment with your local ward to declare your status.
Solatasi

Re: Need Tithing email address

Post by Solatasi »

Oh my gosh! I have the same issue. I have been paying my tithing and kept the receipts but almost all of them are not shown in my church account. I don't know where they are going because the summary I just received is not right. Not judging but I just want to know why almost all of my tithing donations are not showing up in my church account. It is telling me that I did not pay anything when clearly I have evidence I did. Is there someone out there who can help? I have already went to see my bishop and the clerk plus the stake clerk. Still no answer/solution for this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Need Tithing email address

Post by russellhltn »

Solatasi wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:49 am I have been paying my tithing and kept the receipts but almost all of them are not shown in my church account.
If you've been turning your donations into your ward, the clerks doing the entry have to assign your MRN to the donation in order for it to show up in your Church Account. That can happen if you start donating before your records are moved into a new ward.

Talk with your clerk to have your donner record updated/merged.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”