MLS 2.9.2 Beta

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mkmurray

MLS 2.9.2 Beta

Post by mkmurray »

MLS 2.9.2 Beta 1 was downloaded to our ward machine tonight when doing a Send and Receive. I should note that our unit happens to be apart of the MLS Beta program, so this does not affect all units as of yet. But I thought I would share the proposed changes that are currently in this Beta build of MLS.

The official build number is 2.9.2_14680 November 20, 2008 01:19.

Here are the release notes:

New Features and Changes in MLS 2.9.2

General Changes
  • Those users with temple recommend rights may now look up a temple recommend by recommend number.
Changes Related to Membership
  • The line spacing of the Individual Ordinance Summary (IOS) now reduces the number of reports that are longer than one page.
Changes Related to Finance
  • Church Unit Financial Statements now have the currency type listed at the top of the first page. For the United States this is "Dollar." For Canada this is "CA Dollar." This was put there for the benefit of units who deal in more than one currency and receive more than one statement. Others may ignore this.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

mkmurray wrote:MLS 2.9.2 Beta 1 was downloaded to our ward machine tonight when doing a Send and Receive. .....I thought I would share the proposed changes that are currently in this Beta build of MLS.

The official build number is 2.9.2_14680 November 20, 2008 01:19.
Any idea as to how long after the release of a beta, that it's released as an update to all units?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

Techgy wrote:Any idea as to how long after the release of a beta, that it's released as an update to all units?
It was 2 weeks for 2.9.1, but it was like 3 or 4 weeks for 2.9 since there were actually a few beta releases.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Techgy wrote:Any idea as to how long after the release of a beta, that it's released as an update to all units?
A lot depends on how well the beta was tested before it got released.

And a whole lot depends on whether or not any of the changes in this beta are needed for year-end financial processing. [grin]

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”