Federal Donor Statement

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
fergie34-p40

Federal Donor Statement

Post by fergie34-p40 »

Can anyone tell me what happened to the Federal Donor Statement in MLS 9.2.3? I have not been able to locate it anywhere in the system. Was it removed, lost, misplaced, or is CHQ taking over the mailing of the tax statements for members? :confused:
Robert Ferguson
South Shore Ward, Plainview New York Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I can only run 2.9.1 on my test system, but it is a bit hidden.

From the toolbar:
Finance > Finance Reports > Donor Statements

Change "Type of Report" to the appropriate "Official Tax statements". Check that the "Fiscal Year" is set right for the desired report.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
fergie34-p40

Post by fergie34-p40 »

Thanks for the info. I will check it out in the morning when I get into church.
Robert Ferguson
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I'm hoping that you are just eager to get prepared and not planning on sending these out until January. :)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
fergie34-p40

Post by fergie34-p40 »

Two things first, it's MLS 9.2.1 not 9.2.3 this was my mistake. Second yes I was just showing another asst. clerk how to do things and was not able to find the tax statement.

I would like to see one thing added to the next MLS update. Would it be possible to have a members tithing information (or copy) transfered with the members records? I think this would make the settlement easier for the members and the bishop/branch president at the end of the year.

Thanks for all the help.
Robert Ferguson
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

fergie34 wrote:Two things first, it's MLS 9.2.1 not 9.2.3 this was my mistake. Second yes I was just showing another asst. clerk how to do things and was not able to find the tax statement.

I would like to see one thing added to the next MLS update. Would it be possible to have a members tithing information (or copy) transfered with the members records? I think this would make the settlement easier for the members and the bishop/branch president at the end of the year.

Thanks for all the help.

You're not the first person to request this, and it would indeed be helpful. But implementing it would require far more than an MLS update -- it would be a big change to the database systems at the Church. So I wouldn't expect it soon.

In the meantime, you might find some helpful advice in these threads:
Moved Out Members & Tithing Statements
Year End donation reports
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

fergie34 wrote:Two things first, it's MLS 9.2.1 not 9.2.3 this was my mistake.
Also, I have never seen anyone refer to the MLS version in this format. The most common format for the MLS version number you are speaking of would MLS 2.9.1.
fergie34-p40

Post by fergie34-p40 »

Yes it is MLS 2.9.1 Sorry about that. :D
Robert Ferguson

Return to “Local Unit Finance”