PDA Downloads

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
zaneclark

PDA Downloads

Post by zaneclark »

Does anyone know if the "Teach my Gospel" manual is going to be going to be available for downloading to a PDA?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Does anyone know if the "Teach my Gospel" manual is going to be going to be available for downloading to a PDA?

I assume you mean the missionary handbook "Preach My Gospel". There is a general download page for Preach My Gospel, which includes a full PDF as well as chapter PDFs. But I have not seen any version that is reformatted to be more friendly to PDA readers.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

There are many PDA formats, so you will need to be a bit more specific. I happen to use YanCEyware and can download the ebook HERE.

Mike
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I have a PDA with the Palm OS. On the Adobe web site, I found a free download of Adobe Reader for PDA's for the Palm OS which allows you to download PDF documents to the PDA. I tried it with "Preach MY Gospel" but the print was too small to read for most of it. I have tried a few other PDF documents and photos and some work and some don't. I'm going to keep experimenting to see if I can make it work....
danpass

Post by danpass »

zaneclark wrote:I have a PDA with the Palm OS. On the Adobe web site, I found a free download of Adobe Reader for PDA's for the Palm OS which allows you to download PDF documents to the PDA. I tried it with "Preach MY Gospel" but the print was too small to read for most of it. I have tried a few other PDF documents and photos and some work and some don't. I'm going to keep experimenting to see if I can make it work....
Documents to Go came bundled on my current PDA and it has a PDF reader that is far better than Adobe's. However on my last PDA, I tried out the Adobe reader and was very disappointed. There is a much better alternative, also free, called PalmPDF.
dobrichelovek

LDS PDF docs tagged?

Post by dobrichelovek »

So are the PDF files tagged in a way that would allow them to be displayed properly on a PDA? If you do a search on the terms [tagged pdf pda] you will see a number of discussions regarding a refinement of the PDF standard that takes into account differently sized displays allowing a single pdf document to be displayed properly in different display formats. Is the group doing the PDF conversion putting in the tagging or are they willing to if they learn what a difference it can make for those using PDAs?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

danpass wrote:Documents to Go came bundled on my current PDA and it has a PDF reader that is far better than Adobe's. However on my last PDA, I tried out the Adobe reader and was very disappointed. There is a much better alternative, also free, called PalmPDF.
I downloaded PalmPDF easily and it opens on my PDA but I can't get any PDF files I download to show on the app.... I'll keep trying....
kd7mha

Files not showing

Post by kd7mha »

zaneclark wrote:I downloaded PalmPDF easily and it opens on my PDA but I can't get any PDF files I download to show on the app.... I'll keep trying....
My Uncle had a similar problem, when he put files on the SD card he had to eject the SD card then reinsert it for the program to recognize the new files.
jander04

Post by jander04 »

Mikerowaved wrote:There are many PDA formats, so you will need to be a bit more specific. I happen to use YanCEyware and can download the ebook HERE.

Mike

Do you know how close YanCEyware is to iSilo? iSilo has worked really well for me and I have everything I have in that format. Is there an application to take a YanCEyware formatted file and translate it to iSilo?

Jerry

Return to “Main Church Website”